Stock Milage & Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Milage & Time

I'm looking at buying a 2002 firebird but before I do what can I expect for gas milage and performance numbers.

It's a 2002 with a 3.8L and 3.42 auto.

gas mileage will be about 20mpg for all city and 30mpg for all highway. It's great on fuel economy and great for performance. Expect 0-60 to be just above 7.0 and 1/4mi times in the mid 15s. It has 200hp and 225lb/tq. Enjoy! :cool:

edit: 3.42s in the Auto! hehe...1st gear is FUN! :D

[ February 10, 2003: Message edited by: 99Camaro99 ]</p>

Comment

That milage sounds decent but (and I mean no offence) that 1/4 mile sounds kinda ****ty. Does this car have no high end.

So far what I've been driving are "family sedans" My current car is a first generation (1997) chrysler intrepid. Its a huge 4 door sedan with a 3.5L 24valve V6. Making 214hp and 220lbs of torque. It runs approx. 8.5 seconds 0-60 and takes about 15.8 in the 1/4mile.

That means that the firebird is more than a second faster 0-60 but only slightly faster or even equal to my "family sedan" in the quarter mile.

What gives??? Looking at these numbers it appears that from a moving start at around 60mph the firbird would be left in the dust by a family sedan, and not even that fast of a sedan by todays standards.

Comment

If you like the look of your intrepid, then stick with it. There is a prestige when you own a piece of American muscle car history. If you want more performance, buy a V8.
        1995 Firebird 3.8 A4, 140,000 miles and going strong<br />Basically Stock, college=poor <p>Junior Mechanical Engineering Student: Milwaukee School of Engineering; Cpl, MN Army National Guard...just got promoted :)

Comment

yep... YOu can mod them to run lower 15s, and high 14s, you already have better gears, if you want perfromance, that is why they have the z28, and SS. Rember you are buying the low-end model.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X