Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: which FPR and O-rings?

Thank you IDoVoodoo

I'm gonna grab the AC Delco FPR, and 2 of the 2171427 injector ring kits (cause with my luck if I don't its only 4 of each)

If anyone can think of anything else I should do while I'm in there let me know

Comment

Re: which FPR and O-rings?

oh, I guess that 2171427 kit does have 8 of each o-ring type. Theres a picture of it on rockautos site.

(wow AC Delco parts for less than other brands!)

Comment

Re: Hard Starting issue

where exactly is the fuel pressure regulator at? I have a 95 camaro

Comment

Wow Rockauto is fast - I ordered late Monday night and it was here Wednesday night when I got home... just regular ground shipping too I guess I got lucky

Originally posted by jsviking08
          where exactly is the fuel pressure regulator at? I have a 95 camaro
          Not in the most convenient location (are you surprised? engine is under the dash after all!) Its off the fuel rail in the back of the engine on the drivers side. Scroll up a few posts IDoVoodoo and I had posted links to a couple mini howtos. Well you have a 95 so if you have a 3.4 it is different and a different FPR too

Comment

fixed mine today

Took forever but I replaced mine today

hopefully no more embarrasing long starts in public

used the AC Delco 2171598 fuel pressure regulator
            and the AC Delco 2171427 o-ring kit did come with 8 of each o-ring.
            Last edited by cybercide; 06-03-2007, 11:41 PM.

Comment

risky to replace the FPR yourself if you've never done it before IMO. if ya mess up too much you may end up having to replace the fuel lines and that could get expensive.

Comment

Well now I can say I've done it before, blackrs. The fuel lines come off easy with a $6 fuel line disconnect tool, not much chance in damaging those. The hard part for me was the snap-ring on the FPR itself, because it needed to be pushed into the fuel rail in order to clear the groove for the ring, and I didn't have enough hands to do it all at once easily even tho I do have snap-ring pliers

Comment

^^^ that's good, wasnt trying to insult tho

Comment

after a few days I can confidently say it is completely fixed!

Well I went from dit-dit-dit-dit-dit-dit-dit-vrooom
                    to dit-vroom

Always starts right up now like a new car :rock:

It also idles better too. The idle was first improved when I did plug & wires and stuff, but still would once in a while surge the slightest amount. I have a feeling it was the gas leaking back into the intake from the FPR - you know the same leak that would flood the engine for a while when it was shut off. Anyhow after changing the FPR the idle is perfect consistant RPM, like the needle is glued in place on the tachometer.

I had also cleaned the tips of the fuel injectors with carb cleaner and q-tips. Didn't look like holes were too clogged but they sure were dirty

Comment

I have found that this is probably my problem with starting my car also. I have found the correct fuel pressure regulator at rockauto.com but I have been reading and I not sure what other materials I need. I have a 95 3.4 v6

Comment

Originally posted by jsviking08
                        I have found that this is probably my problem with starting my car also. I have found the correct fuel pressure regulator at rockauto.com but I have been reading and I not sure what other materials I need. I have a 95 3.4 v6
                        Well if you need to remove the fuel rail you will want to make sure you get the injector o-rings, for top & bottom

I dunno what the job entails on a 3.4 tho. I thought I read that the 3.4 used an older kind of FPR like found on some 3rd gens but I could be way off on that.

If it is mounted with a snap-ring then some snap-ring pliers come in handy. As do some qtips and carb cleaner to clean up the injector tips if you take off the fuel rail.

Comment

i've had problems with starting my 3.8 bird,sometimes it just fires up,sometimes it takes forever and a year.it turns over with ease and did a complete tune up.but the main problem is that i could be driving minding my own business then the car will just shut off rite then and there.i'm guessing its the fuel pump,but kinda hoping thats the last resort..has any1 had this problem,if so what was the cause?thanks

Comment

Originally posted by antman3030
                            i've had problems with starting my 3.8 bird,sometimes it just fires up,sometimes it takes forever and a year.it turns over with ease and did a complete tune up. but the main problem is that i could be driving minding my own business then the car will just shut off rite then and there. i'm guessing its the fuel pump,but kinda hoping thats the last resort..has any1 had this problem,if so what was the cause?thanks
                            I dunno if the FPR is responsible for the engine dying, I have not seen that reported as a common symptom at least. The hard starts may be part of another problem as well. Have you changed the fuel filter?

Comment

how hard and expensive are those FPR's?

Comment

replaced the filter and same problem occures.few days later,i had the fuel pump replaced,so far the car is running without problems

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X