• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hard Starting issue

correction,replace fuel filter and pump and the car still ****ing up

Comment

Strange, i have exactally the same problem. Mine is also a 1995 3.4v6. Just started happening all of a sudden, sometimes starts no bother then sometimes it cranks and seems like it's going to start then doesn't and dies. I joined this forum to try to get an answer but looks like this may be the problem. Exactally what do i need (not including tools) to order for a mechanic to install? Fuel pressure regulator....injector O ring things (i'm not mechanically minded.) an accurate list of parts would be extremely helpful :) Also, how long would it take to do (by someone who knows what theyre doing) just so i have a rough idea of labour charges?

Also, will trying to start the car like this everyday make it worse so it won't start (don't want to get stranded somewhere) or cause any other damage to the car?

Thanks

Peter
      Last edited by pbryant_knight; 06-28-2007, 03:42 PM.

Comment

I changed the FPR out and the car runs like a top again
        Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

I had the FPR replaced on my '96 3.8 and still have the rough starting issue. It starts a bit better, but the problem still remains.

Comment

I have the same exact problem with my 3.8 camaro man, my buddy told me it could be the cam sensor or crank sensor. I havent tryed to replace the sensor yet but when i do ill let you know.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X