I Have A Problem Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have A Problem Guys

ok, i put on my headers and i needed to change my spark plug wires. so, i got the NSD 8.5mm wires from ftpp.net. well, i didnt push #1 wire in on the distributor cap enough. so, i had a miss fire. got that fixed. still was miss firing and the #1 header tub still wasnt hot. so, i checked the connection to the spark plug and that was it. got that fixed but when i started up my car again, the engine was still shaking allitle more than usual and every once in awhile i could here this ticking or knocking noise. what the hell is going on?
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Whats going on is these damn cars are the most finicky cars on the planet!!!! lol

Comment

here is alittle more info. i have 73,000 miles on her. i had to change the egr adapter tube/ mounting bracket that goes to the header/manifold but i wouldnt fit in the hole so i cut the slake off. would that be it? could there just be a leak there that is causeing the tick? im going to have my fiancee get me a stethiscope(spelling ) tomorrow cause she is a nurse and im going to try to find the noise. and i cant check to see if the spark plug wires are euring(spelling again ) cause my exhaust is too ****ing loud for a 2:20 start up.

i didnt let my car warm up cause im worried about damaging my car if this is a serious issue. also, the ticking/knocking was not close at all. atleast 20 seconds apart and i couldnt tell if it was like in rythem cause of it being so far apart.

Comment

any possible suggestions please. anything you might think of, i dont care where its located on the car. and i dont care how common or uncommmon

Comment

Is the #1 spark plug fouled?
          Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
          Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

did you put dy-electric grease on connectors?

Comment

i looked a the spark plugs w/ my fiancee's dad and he said they are fine but im not sureif we looked at everyone.

Ka50---i dont know what you are talking about so NO!! lol what is it and what are connectors?

Comment

Your suppose to put grease on the connectors in the wires to keep the spark from jumping(new wires should have come with it). However if my exhaust gets quiet enough I can hear my spark plugs firing (or ticking) always have. Also could the ticking you hear be an exhaust leak?
                00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

maybe you are hearing some vale train noise?
                  95 convertible 3.8 series II

Comment

Originally posted by ReodDai:
                    Your suppose to put grease on the connectors in the wires to keep the spark from jumping(new wires should have come with it). However if my exhaust gets quiet enough I can hear my spark plugs firing (or ticking) always have. Also could the ticking you hear be an exhaust leak?
                    if it was an exhaust leak, wouldnt it be closer together and it not that loud. i know what a good exhaust leak sounds like. i had them when i was doing my exhaust at first.

Comment

also. i didnt get any grease. i'll pick some up later today. do i put them in the boot on both ends?

Comment

wires may be crossed
                        ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

Yup in the boots. Make sure its the right kind of grease tho lol.
                          00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

im about to jump in and redo the wires. i got some silicon for them from o'reilys

Comment

Sounds good that could be your problem if the spark is jumping at the connectors.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                                Good to see the site is back up
                                by 2.8 Bird
                                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                                5 hours ago
                              • FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                1 week ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X