please help me..idle issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help me..idle issue.

Well one day the car just idled really rough and the car stalled, it sounded like it was missing. So it seems that when i first start the car it will idle fine, when it gets up to operating temp the needle on the tach will wiggle between the 500 and 600 rpm line. it sounds like the engine speeds up, then slows down again like its missing. I checked around the vacuum lines but it didnt seem like there was any leak I even disconnected and plugged the line going to the vacuum tank and plugged just incase the tank was cracked. When i unplugged my IAC connector it didnt seem like there was any change in idle/RPM, also when i first disconnected the vacuum tank line at the check valve it didnt seem like there was a change in idle/RPM there either I dont think its a fuel issue because i hooked up my pressure gauge and drove around with and the PSI held and did not fluctuate and when it seemed like the RPM's were jumping around at idle the gauge held steady. Its not throwing any codes either. I listed to each injector and all of them were clicking to show they were atleast pulsing. I've replaced the following parts.

1990 Firebird V6 3.1

Spark Plugs
    Cap
    Rotor
    Ignition Module
    Check Valve
    IAC Valve
    TPS
    Fuel Filter
    Air Filter
    PCV Valve
    1990 Firebird 3.1 T-Tops<br />Flowmaster exhaust<br />Kenwood MP 825 Deck<br />4\" Rockfords w/ tweet in dash plate<br />3 Way 6x9 Rockords in rear sails<br />1970 Camaro 350

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
    Had to be evacuated again due to fire
    by ssms5411
    Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
    1 week ago
  • RPDRed6
    For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
    by RPDRed6
    Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
    3 weeks ago
  • ssms5411
    No start problem
    by ssms5411
    So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X