Electrical issues (i think) far away from home...please help - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electrical issues (i think) far away from home...please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical issues (i think) far away from home...please help

OK heres the deal... after i drive my camaro it has this nasty smell similiar to burning plastic... i popped the hood and its coming from the passenger side area corner. So when the hood is open and u are looking at the engine from the front of the car its coming from the top left corner. It doesnt seem to be coming from the engine. The smell is really strong from the grey box with all the wires in it. No wires are hot and there is no smoke or anything. I can also smell it outside the car on the passenger side too so it might be coming from under the car. The only symptoms is i have been having trouble with my battery gauge. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?
    1996 Camaro -- SLP CAI, Motorvator TB spacer, MSD 8.5 mm wires, 180 thermostat, Pacesetter headers, Catco 3 in cat, TSP Rumbler, custom painted interior, 18x9.5 Z06 replica wheels, Nexen N3000 265/35r18 tires, - Best 1/4 mile 15.3@89mph

That gray box is your PCM. Its very sensitive since I almost fried mine one time by going to a car wash and using the motor cleaner stuff. My mechanic did the best he could and cleaned all the green cleaner out and to this day my car still acts funny. When I put my clutch in and try to start my car it doesn't start, all the dash lights light up but it doesn't turn over. i usually end up having to pump the clutch and turn the key at the same time.
    2000 Camaro, Pewter Metallic, M5 tranny, 3.23 gears, Hard Top, <br /><br />Modifications:<br />SLP loudmouth (dual/dual tips)<br />MSD 8.5mm wires<br />K&N airfilter<br />SS hood (don\'t buy from fiberglassfabricators.com!!!)<br />Spec stage 2 clutch

Comment

I dont know if that is it or not. The burning smell is strongest from that general area. I guess the only good thing that would come out of it is that i am going to get a 97 pcm anyways so i can get the hp tuners. I dont want my car to just go out or to catch fire or something when i am 600 miles away from home. Do you guys think its the pcm or something else?
      1996 Camaro -- SLP CAI, Motorvator TB spacer, MSD 8.5 mm wires, 180 thermostat, Pacesetter headers, Catco 3 in cat, TSP Rumbler, custom painted interior, 18x9.5 Z06 replica wheels, Nexen N3000 265/35r18 tires, - Best 1/4 mile 15.3@89mph

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
        Good to see the site is back up
        by 2.8 Bird
        So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
        7 hours ago
      • FirebirdGT
        New Site Hosting Issues
        by FirebirdGT
        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
        1 week ago
      • LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X