160° thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 160° thermostat

my 3.4 ran 160 all the time with it but it was rough in the winter my heat sucked...

Comment

I ran a 180° in my 95 Firebird for a couple weeks and didn't have any major problems with it. The only complaint that I could of had was that it didn't seem to blow blow quite as warm. Of course it was like 20° outside, but in any case I would think that the 160° would be to cold for me.

My new Firebird comes stock with the 180° I think, so I'm sure that it will be staying that way.
      2000 White Firebird <br />K&N Filter, Aluminum Driveshaft<br /><br />95 White Firebird - Laid to Rest<br />K&N FIPK, Flowmaster Exhaust, Jet Chip

Comment

Originally posted by tbonebuggs
        I have a 2000 3.8L Camaro.
        I do, too, and I added the 180* and the car sits a little cooler than before. It took about 15 minutes to change. Just make sure you get a new gasket at the same time because if you order the Hypertech one, it doesn't come with it. AutoZone has the gasket for a few bucks. Easy to do and well worth the time. Especially if you are going to flush the system soon.
        2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
          what year car do you have? The newer cars through a SES light with the 160*s

The debate over 160vs180 is an ongoing debate that will never end. I personally have ran a 160* thermo for like 3-4 years now with no problems at all

www.gvperformance.com carry them
          didnt you used to have these 15.00 shipped ? i went to order one and it was like 21.60 shipped
          1997 Camaro LS1 RS
          1994 Camaro - Sold
          1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs
            didnt you used to have these 15.00 shipped ? i went to order one and it was like 21.60 shipped
            (shrug) I got mine from 3800performance.com for $22.69 shipped. I did mine mostly for preventative maintenance while I was installing my K&N FIPK. Money well spent when winter time comes around, knowing that won't be an issue while I'm on the road skiing.
            2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs
              yes, like a year or two ago I had sold some for $15 shipped. Since then Hypertech's price on them has increased, hence the difference in price
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X