WEIRD STUFF HAPPENING, PLEASE HELP!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WEIRD STUFF HAPPENING, PLEASE HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEIRD STUFF HAPPENING, PLEASE HELP!!!

Allright guys I'm up to my neck in it. About 2 weeks ago my car started acting a bit strange, (btw it is a 96 3.8L Auto Firebird). Odd things were happening such as my headlights blinking and when I'd push on my brakes my spedometer and Tachometer gauge needles would jump slightly. ------> Two weeks Later---->Now the damn thing has a hard time starting, it gives off a horrible almost screaching noise when started sometimes and my volt meter says I'm running like 8 volts. I don't even have to touch the brake now for the needles to jump but if i do, it says i'm going about 120 and the interior lights dim really bad...My ABS INOP light is on as is my BRAKE (emergency brake, which is not pulled, I promise)...So far I have purchased a new battery, starter, and cleaned off my Negative post wire which is somewhere near the problem as it appears. So now I've got like 350 bucks worth of repair bills and no solution [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img] , could it be the voltage regulater, I'm at a complete loss here and fairly pissed too. :mad:

Also, just turning on my parking lights causes the amount of power to go way down, my turn signals cause the volt meter to drop and i don't even thinka about rolling down my windows or turning on my stereo...

Comment

go to your autp parts store and have them test the alt, im not 100% sure but i think you have to take the alt off the car.

Check the cables to make sure their not rusted, make sure the neg fromt the battery looks in good condition.

Comment

Yeah do what ^^^^ he said, sounds like the alternator is crapping out on you. I don't know about the tech/speedo jumping though, that would require a messed up signal from the computer I think, which is not good. See if the alternator is putting out first.. nothing else comes to mind.
        <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Sounds like the alternator is taking a crap. If the voltage regulator is dead, you have to replace the alt anyway, as the regulator lives in the alt in our cars.
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/kefkafloyd\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/kefkafloyd</a> <br />Red 1997 Pontiac Firebird 3.8L A4 w/ Y87

Comment

Allright well the alternator was tested when I replaced my battery. However, they would not of had a way to test that regulator. It's probable there is a bad ground connection somewhere on those accesories or even from block to frame, I just hope the lack in power hasn't caused my computer to go retarded...wonder how much that would cost to replace

Comment

Got her fixed. Of course I found the bad ground connection there after I spent 300+ bucks on starters batteries ect... Oh well as long as she runs. Thanx for all the input guys

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                by ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                1 week ago
              • RPDRed6
                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                by RPDRed6
                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                3 weeks ago
              • ssms5411
                No start problem
                by ssms5411
                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X