taking off dash pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taking off dash pad

Part of my dash pad broke around the defroster and when I tried to attach it back, it looks real tacky. I was wanting to pull the dash pad off and sand and paint it. I just don't want to break any more of it. Any help on how to would be great.
    96 Firebird, Ram Air Hood and Airbox, Magnaflow Catback & hi-flow cat, Dynomax Bullet muffler

It's got little clips, you just have to pry a corner up and carefully pull it off.

g
    2002 Pewter V6 Camaro M5 <br /><br />Quickest stock-motor N/A V6 4th Gen F-body.<br />2nd Quickest N/A V6 4th Gen F-body overall.<br />mods: Gear, weight reduction, tuning <br /><br />Fear the Gear. 13.585 @ 100.05 1.827 60\'<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.NJFBOA.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.NJFBOA.org</a>

Comment

Start with the passenger side and use a long flatbade screwdriver to push the middle tang in, on all the clips. The push up the pad, area by area. The pass. side has alot more give than the driver's side, and so it's alot more forgiving to removal. BUT, be very, very careful, if it's not been taken care of, it will be more brittle than Kernal Sanders corpse.
      <b>99 Pewter Metallic Camaro</b><br />SLP Ultra-Z Hood, Shaved Antenna, !mouldings, Chrome Halos, Filled Factory Grill, Y2K 18 R 19 F, SLP Whisper Lid, (functional w/ Hood), FlowMaster American Thunder C.B, QA1 Coilovers, Kuhmo Tires.

Comment

Yah, mine had a small crack and within two days was a basket case. You can find them on ebay for about 40 dollars. The front of it at the base of the windshield is held on with velcro. I assume we are talking about the dash pad. The big plastic piece with the defroster vent in it.
        Jessica :)<br />Kansas: There\'s no place like home...99 Firebird Blown/6lbs, Eaton w/3.42\'s CI headers Z28 Exaust<br />CAI, #36 injectors Intense PCM

Comment

To make it easier, when I took mine off I removed the pillar cover piece and just pried it up. Go slow like they said and it should do fine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
            Good to see the site is back up
            by 2.8 Bird
            So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
            3 days ago
          • FirebirdGT
            New Site Hosting Issues
            by FirebirdGT
            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
            2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X