Does my car have keyless entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does my car have keyless entry

So I bought a 97 Firebird. I'm not sure if its suppose to have keyless entry. Is there any way to find out if it came with a keyless entry system? If so what do I have to do to get a remote and program it?

You will have check with a dealership or find out the RPO code for keyless. Then check your sticker to see if it is on there.
    Previous F-bodies<br />1.1980Z A3<br />2.1991Z A4 5.0<br />3.1994 coupe M5<br />4.1993 TA A4<br />5.1998 coupe A4<br />Currently restoring a 1980Z<br />and looking to pick up a 1998-2002 M5

Comment

AX3 LOCK CONTROL, KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM

From the Tech database, pretty sure its what you're looking for...

One thing... it isn't for an F-body...

Try looking here for what you want...
      <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

do you have power locks? if so im sure it has it. since most cars with powerlocks do.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

It does have power locks. It has power mirrors and power windows too so I thought that was a good sign that it was supposed to have keyless entry.

I called a local Pontiac dealer and the guy in the service department said he didn't think it has keyless entry but that was after sitting there not saying anything for about five solid minutes. I think he just went ahead and said it didn't to get me off the phone. He seemed to be fumbling with the computer because several times he sighed as if he was totally clueless as to what to do next. So I'm still not really sure. I'm going to call one of the other local Pontiac dealers Monday. The rest of them don't open their service department on the weekend.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X