Fuel Pump Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fuel Pump Install

for mine, I put some caulk under the plate and then screwed the plate down.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Caulk? The kind they use to seal wood on houses? Heh I wondered if JB Weld would be a good solution since it's made for metal and would probably seal better. I won't be using a welder because...well...it's fuel. But I don't want any water or fumes seeping into the car when driving in heavy rain.
      2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Abaddon
        Just out of curiosity, what did you use to seal around the panel? JB Weld?
        I just used Blue RTV Silicone the fake gasket stuff. It sealed it up and holds the plate on like glue, that picture was taken about a year after the instal and it's still holding up good. JB weld would be much more hardcore and work well too I would think.
        Old Car = 12.679 @ 106.5 on 150 dry shot.
        New Car = 2010 3.6l 304hp Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by xcdarrel17
          I just used Blue RTV Silicone the fake gasket stuff. It sealed it up and holds the plate on like glue, that picture was taken about a year after the instal and it's still holding up good. JB weld would be much more hardcore and work well too I would think.
          That sounds like a good idea. Since it holds up well, I'll bet it would come off a LOT easier than JB Weld if you ever had to get back in to the tank. Thanks for the advice.
          2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

When I did mine I ditched the bucket and used hose clamps like the big ones for the air filter to atatch it to the arm and then made a cover out of dead mat material since I was already doing the whole car with it and just used duct tape to seal it down for any fumes. Works real well, even impressed a few gm techs at the dealership my dad works at. They wanted a print out of the install guide in case they had to work on doing any camaro/pontiacs in the future. Said it would save them 4 hours on book time which means more money for them. Just make sure you get the hose on tight the first time on the pump, mine came half way off and my fuel psi went down to 30 psi, I was lucky it was still spraying some fuel into the hose or else I would of went lean and blew up something. good luck
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i dont have cover over mine and i never smelled any fumes

if you smell fumes you have a hole in your gas tank or you have a leaky seal on the gas tank... witch should be fixed anyway
              www.turbov6camaro.com
              1997 3800 Series II Camaro
              4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
              7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
              11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X