A/c How Much 134a To Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/c How Much 134a To Use

I want to charge my A/C myself. I have the hose and two cans of 134a. It's a 1999 firebird. I don't have any guages, the guy at the parts store said two cans should do it? I was wondering if I can tell without any guages ( I just have the blue hose with no guage )...Can I put to much in? Will it fill and not take any more of the 134a so I'll know its full, or to full is not good?....and I guess if I need a guage, are they all the same, with the same readings?

Thanks!

Re: A/c How Much 134a To Use

Of course the best way to do this is to use the proper gauge set, but I did mine without the gauges this way.

1) Attach the refill hose/recharge can to the accumulator valve.
    2) start the engine and turn on the aircondition to max.
    3) slowly add the contents of the can, stopping part way.
    4) check the temperature of the air comming out of the AC vents.
    5) if cold, add a bit more from the can.
    6) repeat until the A/C blows cold enough.
    7) if the A/C suddenly starts to blow warmer, then you've added too much and should release some.
    8) if the compressor should start making hammering noises while re-filling, stop and release some. (too much, hydrolocking)

That should work for you.
    Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

they make ones with the gauge built in, thats what i used. i only got one, and it wasnt anough, yea, id get 2.
        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

man go to the library use mitchell on demand and find out the got to harbor frieght and get a real gauge set your low should be 30 to 40 high 150 to 200 where ever it the coldest i dont recomend amitures due this though its real easy to lock up you compressor if you dont know what your doing

Comment

I got the guage and hooked it up..When it was running it was running on MAX it was at 35lbs....When the car was off it was at 150lbs....Is that what you mean between low and high pressure?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X