Missing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing...

My 02' Convertable is missing bigtime. (This is shortly after blowing away a ricer on the highway at wot.) It sounded like an exhaust leak at first, but gradually has become a bad idle. Shut it off and it struggles to start back up. I HOPE TO GOD it's just the plugs. I'm charging my laptop to do a scan with Autotap in a little while. There are NO CODES/SES Light. I will have to read for misfires on each cylinder.

Anyway, what plugs do you guys recommend for a STOCK 3.8? I see people are using the TR55's. Any other decent ones in case I can't get those this weekend?? Wish me luck...
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Re: Missing...

Try to get some AC Delcos. you won't regret it.

other than that, yeah, get some TR55s
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Yeah AC Delcos are the stock plugs and I got over 100k on mine before I changed them for the first time. They were clean as a whistle when I did. You can't go wrong with those. Most places like Advanced or Pep Boys will carry them so you won't have to pay dealer prices.
      2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

Great! Thanks! I'll hit Pep Boys or Advanced Auto Parts tonight or tomorrow.
        2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
        1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
        2011 Cadillac CTS-V
        2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
        2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by Abaddon
          Yeah AC Delcos are the stock plugs and I got over 100k on mine before I changed them for the first time. They were clean as a whistle when I did. You can't go wrong with those. Most places like Advanced or Pep Boys will carry them so you won't have to pay dealer prices.

actually acdelco plugs and wires are rated at 100k before changeing i personaly do not wait this long but as far as the catalogs go they are rated at 100k.
          96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

Why? The manufacturer recommended I not do anything with them until 100k. Knowing they weren't hurt at all and didn't even need to be changed by that time period, I could probably have gone another 50k without changing them. Now the car has 122k on it I'll change them more often but as long as there is no oil leak or the like why change them more often than the manufacturer requires?

Chevy also says not to change the oil until the light comes on (as long as 7500 miles) and I change it at 3000 like clockwork, but the plugs and wires are different.

Comment

i actually had to take a test on that gm engine oil life system. it based on all kinds of sensors and rpms to make that change oil light come on.
              96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

Honda is supposed to make a really good oil change sensor. I just don't trust the system. I've got a friend that had a Z28 and he only changed the oil when that light came on. His car started using oil. I've always changed mine at 3,000 miles and mine doesn't use an extra between changes. I just won't take a chance on a sensor when I have the lil oil change sticker on the windshield.

Comment

i took the test and still dont belive it. mine is changed like once a month, racing purposes, but i would not wait past the 3000 still. i dont care how much gm spent on r and d i dont trust that light.

Comment

Agreed. I can always tell a difference in the way the car runs when I get the oil changed so I don't mind getting it done just for the feel and the health of the engine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X