How fast can I go N/A. Seriously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fast can I go N/A. Seriously

How fast can I go without a supercharger or N20?

I have the money and mods lined up as I speak, but am wondering, is it really worth it? I only say this because I've been having LS1 fever pretty bad lately, and last night I got absolutly OWNED by a Z28, it ruled.

But anyway, these are the mods I can buy as of this moment, headers (The new ones that will be produced on Jan 3 for under 250 bucks), a Borla catback, an Ultra Z hood ( for intake purposes, so I can toss my ghetto CAI system. I mean, I know that's not a lot of mods, but what can I realistically expect to gain by doing these. I know I'm not going to have the power of an LS1, so I'm needing basic figures. Thanks

You could just check the timeslips page [img]smile.gif[/img] unless you are talking about the 85
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Heh, I just thought of that [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img]

And no 85, I was talkin about the Camaro, heh

Comment

with just bolt-ons & no power adder or engine mod - don't expect any LT1's to be seeing your bumper anytime soon.

The cai & ram air hood scoop with air box generate about the same performance boost. If you do the hood, do it for the looks and not the performance (since you could spend less money for the same gain)
        Not a problem, just a challenge...

Comment

Do you have 3.42 or 3.73 rear gears? If not, I would consider doing that. Could you tell me more about those headers you were talking about? I might want to look into those.

Thanks..
          -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

go get a V8. Can you make it fast? Yes, anything can be made fast...the question is....is it pratical/reasonable? I've made my decision a while ago...no more mods for the V6.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X