? about the limiter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? about the limiter

I searched but didnt find exactly what I was looking for. Does the rev limiter limit how fast our cars accelerate when flooring it? If not, then what is the purpose of the rev limiter.
    1996 Polo Green Metallic Camaro:<br />SLP CAI, Carsound/Magnaflow 3\" in/out cat, Flowmaster 2.5\" cat-back... sounds great

the rev limiter prevents your engine from over reving causing engine damage....no it does not determine how fast your car accelerates....and for certain modified cars that create a good amount of horse power or mods that can take them to a higher RPM then people adjust the limiter
    94 Pontiac Firebird-V6<br />-NxWetKit,RamAir,MSD Dis4, Coils,&Wires,DynomaxExhuast w/testpipe,NittoDR\'s&DunlopSPort5000s,17\"CrEagleAl loys,TransgoShifKit/VetteServo<br />91 Jeep Wrangler-5.7 Chevy350<br />-6\"ProComp SuspensionLift,M/T BajaClaws35x12.5,& more goodies

Comment

I have an automatic so I am assuming the rev limiter only applys when I am in park or neutral. Is this correct?
      1996 Polo Green Metallic Camaro:<br />SLP CAI, Carsound/Magnaflow 3\" in/out cat, Flowmaster 2.5\" cat-back... sounds great

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X