...so its the fuel pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...so its the fuel pump?

Same hesitation upon acceleration problem here in my 96 camaro. I disconnected the batt to reset my SES light from when I disconnected the MAF. Pulled a couple spark plugs and they are perfectly fine. I was at the parts store today and a mechanic I know happend to be there and said its probably the fuel pump. My SES light doesn't come on, and he said that you can rule out ignition problems because of that, and if I replaced my fuel filter (which i did twice!) that the pump is most likely the trouble. Does this seem likely? I did a search and most people said something about the fuel pump being noisey...I don't think I've ever noticed the fuel pump make noise the entire time I've owned the car. How can you know its the pump and not the pressure regulator?

Re: ...so its the fuel pump?

i know with the fuel pressue regulator it causes hard starts.. Thats the most common thing that happens with those, if you dont have that then i think you can safely rule that out.. other then that i dunno.. someone will chime.

Comment

car starts just fine, no problems on that end...

Comment

i had the same problem once car studdered bad on excel turned out to be spark plug wire was arking on the egr was hard to see it till i was checking car at night and found it but couldnt tell by looking at wire try that

Comment

i have a car that stutters like that as well when the engine is cold. Give it alittle gas it and drops about 100-200 rpms and then immediately gets the engine to where its supposed to be. And drive fine will engine is going, then go to a stop and start agian, and it will do the stutter again.

BTW, My pump is loud when i turn my key. Like i think it might be going out as well. I HATE THESE CARS SOMETIMES.

1994 firebird v6

Comment

check all your wires, and make sure they arent being burnt or anything on your headers. If all the wires are fine then it is most likely your fuel pump. You need to check your fuel pressure. How many miles do you have on your car? my pump went out at 132k

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

I've got 175k on it. I'm still confident that once I get this fixed the car has plenty of life in it. Bought it used at 137k miles and its anybody's guess as to what was fixed/replaced before then. I'm taking it to a shop tomorrow because I'm sick of dealing with it. Every person I talk to has a different theory as to the problem....basically I'm sick of dealing with it and am willing to pay more to get it done and over with.

Comment

just to let you know if it is the fuel pump, to replace it they will have to drop the whole rear end to get to it, i was quoted 1000 bucks for the pump and the labor.
                or you can do it yourself and do the trap door method to get to the pump

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X