Dead batt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead batt

okay so I think my battery is dead RIP. just clicking when I go to start... but it could be my altenator since the battery is getting no charge whatsoever.. or maybe the battery is completely dead and just won't take a charge? Not sure how old it is but looks old, I might get a battery from work, I get a discount.

Re: Dead batt

get the battery tested first

Autozone does it for free
    1999 Camaro Z/28
    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

I believe they'll also test your alternator for free too if you want to get it checked out. Most likely it's your battery just being old though since you said you think it's fairly old.
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Yes, they will also test the starter and alternator...but check the battery first before you remove anything else
        1999 Camaro Z/28
        1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

i just had the same problem. first, check the bolts on the side bolt, unscrew and screw them back in. for my car, it started up again, but kept having same problem so i just replaced my battery today and no problems so far.

Comment

this may not be the case with urs but ill give a lil input....i noticed you had a headlight conversion...was it just the higher bulbs, or did u convert to a round headlight style setup luike the ryo-tek kit? Cause when i converted my lites i had under-drive pullies too and the power level kept killing my alternator...took those lights out, replaced them with stock and it never had a charge issue againm/

Comment

Thanks for the info... ended up replacing the battery and everything is fine... It is just converted from the sealed with the higher output bulb... that could be a reason but I have had those in for a year or so now

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X