long road trip anything i should do befor i leave? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

long road trip anything i should do befor i leave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long road trip anything i should do befor i leave?

Well I have this long drive coming real soon and I was wondering if I should do anything to maks sure I can make it there and back.. Its 990 miles each way.. I just got new tires about two months ago just changed my oil like 50 miles ago.. Radiator was flushed like 4 months ago.. And brake pads and rotors were changed as well recently. If you have anything else I should check out I would really like to make it from tempe arizona to texas in one peace lol…

Re: long road trip anything i should do befor i leave?

the only thing I can suggest is check all fluids, including rear diff, and tire pressure before you leave, to be the safest.

Comment

clean your air filter as well... to keep good mpg. And make sure you have your sunglasses
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

oh i did my rear diff like 3 months ago.. so i will check it anyway... and sunglasses na limo tint on all 4 sides :) lol....

Comment

Might be a good time to pour a can of Seafoam into the tank to help with the cleaning process. I've driven my car from Nashville, TN, to Snowshoe, WV, every year for the past 4 years and once to Washington, DC, and it has never let me down. I still have my original alternator on it, too!
          2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

water

I'd stash a gallon or two of water in the car somewhere before driving across the desert

...that and some good cds and a couple joints always help on a road trip

Comment

Re: water

Pray... j/k

Don't forget to feed the snakes b4 you leave
              Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

oh the snakes are good lol. i fed 130lbs between the 6 of them last night they are good for the next 2 months lol

Comment

Inspect your tires for cracks and bubbles. Also inspect your belts and hoses.

Originally posted by cybercide
                  I'd stash a gallon or two of water in the car somewhere before driving across the desert
                  good idea

Originally posted by cybercide
                  I
                  a couple joints always help on a road trip
                  idiotic idea.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

make sure you get gas before you leave

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Make sure you serpentine belt is in good condition, and if the belt tensioner pulley or idler pulley are anywhere near 100K miles old, have them changed before you leave.
                      Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X