Temp sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp sensor?

I drove the Camaro today, as I do everyday and was parked outside my grandma's house. It had been parked maybe 30-45 minutes. I went back outside to leave and tried to crank the car up. It fired right up, then idled incredibly rough then cut off completely. I repeatedly tried cranking the engine up and giving it gas, but to no avail. I was told that it was the temp sensor(?) on the (if you're standing in front of the car) right side, almost directly behind the power steering pump. The wire was bald and was grounded out on the metal near it. My solution? Popping the hood and letting the engine cool off for about 20-25 minutes before cutting it back on. It still wanted to idle low, though. This is about the 3rd or 4th time this has happened and it only appears to happen when the car is hot. Any ideas, suggestions, diagnosis? Help?! I leave for the Naval Academy in 9 days and I want to get this figured out before I leave.
    Originally posted by LETZRIDE
    I've never touched a rear end before

Re: Temp sensor?

are u getting any ses light?
    Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

I do get a ses light sometimes, but not immediately. It cuts on when I drive down the road a little ways. Sometimes it doesn't cut on at all. I've been having a problem with the ABS system. Says its inoperable. The light comes on about the time I hit 50 or so mph. I'm guessing a bad sensor there, too.

Comment

Maybe low or no fuel pressure due blocked filter, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump.....

Maybe EGR valve stuck open
        Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

Originally posted by CDNFB
          Maybe EGR valve stuck open
          X2...

Comment

Possibly. When I ran it through a diagnostic computer, it said that there were 3 EGR Solenoid errors. This problem only happens when it's hot. What could I do to fix this? With the EGR, I mean?

Comment

Originally posted by turbohead2332
              Possibly. When I ran it through a diagnostic computer, it said that there were 3 EGR Solenoid errors. This problem only happens when it's hot. What could I do to fix this? With the EGR, I mean?
              i wonder if a block off plate would work?

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
                i wonder if a block off plate would work?
                No it would not help because he would have to get a tune done before he did it or do soon after. I would just replace it with a used on if get one.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X