Big Problem!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Problem!!

I recently found out that my cat had cracked and turned, blocking the exhaust, causing my engine to bogg down. i could be flat foot and it wouldnt go anywhere. so we removed the broken pieces and thought it helped well it didnt. when im idling, the car will struggle to stay running. It probably needs a tune up bad. I will be doing that very soon. Also, the check engine light is on. and it will shut off sometimes. i really dont understand the problem. maybe someone here can help me out!!! Thanks

Re: Big Problem!!

try giving it a FULL tune up.

plugs
    wires
    seafoam (please use the search function for this, its been beaten to death here, look in the how to forum, theres a whole thread in there on how to do it.)
    fuel filter
    air filter
    oil,tranny and differential fluids
    pcv valve

see if that helps. have the car scanned to find out what the ses light is coming on for. if i had to guess, id say the egr valve is clogged since the cat was clogged up. have the coil packs tested and the icm tested also, if need be replace them.

dont let it bum you out yet, these cars can be moody, but well worth all the work you have to put into them.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

oh ya, i forgot o2 sensors also.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

thanks, i will do this all and get back to ya. look for me again, just incase lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X