AC not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC not working

Hey guys glad to be on here. Hope you can help a brutha out. My AC was working fine last summer now the Compressor doesn't even turn on. I replaced the relay and nothing. I did and still do have a leak in the Radiator, so I dunno if that can cause it.

The leak from the radiator is the small hose that when you use that flush kit you cut the hose and put the T bar in. I believe that goes to the water pump. Maybe you can help. I think it might be an electrical issue because of when the fluid leaks onto it.

Re: AC not working

You can test the clutch of the AC compressor by applying 12 volts to the two wires leading to it. (do this with the car OFF!) If it clicks, then you know that it's a wiring problem. If it doesn't click, you have a bad AC clutch.

Oh and your radiator leak should have nothing to do with it. The wires for the AC compressor are way back up next to the engine. I doubt the radiator hose could leak on it.
    1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

may need freon

Comment

yeah, i am 99% sure your compressor is fine, you have a leak somewhere in your system and you dont have enough refrigerant to activate your compressor because it would do nothing anyway, find the leak and charge that *****

Comment

I just went through this and I had no leaks. My clutch went bad. Replaced Compressor, accumulator and orifice tube, recharged and is working fine now.

If you have a gauge set, check your pressure. I would not apply 12 volts to both terminals on the clutch, 12v on one and ground the other. I believe the green wire carries the 12 volts from the relay. Good luck.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X