fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel pump

ok, so my damn truck died on the highway last weekend. my friend was driving it at the time and she dumped it in some parking lot a good 15 miles from my apartment. 3/4 tank of gas, full oil, crank, no start.
    no air obstructions, throttle plate workin ok... so its getting air.
    electrical seems strong, and she said it didnt just die but it kinda sputtered. so i'm leaning agianst that
    i settle on the fuel pump. friend turns the key, i lie down under the tank and hear nothing. almost positive the pump is dead. 200k miles, stock pump... yeah. so how the hell do i go about dropping a steel tank thats 3/4 full? i assume i'll need to siphon some out (the camaro needs gas n e ways...) but after that how am i supposed to get those fittings undone?
    2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Re: fuel pump

most of the techs where i work find it easier to pull the bed off, rather then drop the tank. what kinda truck is it.
    96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

Yeah, I would just remove the bed. A lot easier then dropping the tank.

Comment

its a 95 sonoma...
        thats actually a GREAT idea... i just hope the damn bed isnt all rusted over. its my beater... i'll be getting it towed tomorrow.
        2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X