Need some help with a 94 Firebird!!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some help with a 94 Firebird!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with a 94 Firebird!!!!

Ok, so first off, Im new to these forums. So, hi everyone. I have a few questions so please bear with me.

Now, I am new to GM vehicles. I have only owned Mustangs and such in the past. Recently I bought a 94 Firebird with the stock 3.4L V6 with an automatic trans and 137k on it. The only mods I know that have been done to it, is it has been lowered about 1 1/2 inches and it has an exhaust on it.

Now I have always been a fan of raw horsepower. Bigger displacement has always been more to my liking. But I have heard of the potential of the V6's. So my first question for you guys is this:
    Should I swap out the motor and trans in my car for a V8, or would modding the V6 give me ample of power and still be road worthy. I want the car to be fast and sound great, but I also want it to be suited for hanging with other V6's on the 1/4 mile and still be able to road race. Nothing too insane but but enough power to be fun.

Im really liking the V6 because its not hell on my insurance, but I seem to think I may be getting in over my head should I decide to rebuild it with a V8.

What are some good websites and such that have good parts for the V6 engine? What are some things that I can do to get more power out of it?

Also I am having some problems with it. First off I have a leak in oil coming from somewhere around the header on the driver side. Any one else have any thing like this happen? My oil pressure seems to fluxuate but it never bottoms out or goes too high, so Im not sure if the gauge problem is normal or what. Then I am having a buzzing noise when the headlight on the driver side flips back down. Any thoughts??

I really appreciate yall taking the time to look at this and tell me what you think. I really appreciate it.

Re: Need some help with a 94 Firebird!!!!

search search search, everything has been answered before, the 3.4 will not give you the power you are seeking, it will never be a "fast" car the leak would be either a valve cover gasket (most likely) or an intake gasket, just look and figure out which it is coming from, and make sure there is no coolant in your oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X