Anyone else have problems blowing lightbulbs?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else have problems blowing lightbulbs??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else have problems blowing lightbulbs??

This makes the THIRD TIME my drivers side DRL/signal/parking light has blown in 3 weeks :mad: WTF??? I can't find a problem anywhere. Anyone else have this problem?

ya..everyone does....if its not water getting in, there getting too hot, Im almost ready to disable mine...really pissing me off

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

I had the problem HUGE before.

Most of mine were because of my system... first I stuffed the sidewalls in the hatch with this cotton batton sheeting and that made it much better... but I think my alternator was being taxed and was frying stuff because when it went I replaced with 120v and haven't had any go.

ONe thing I noticed is when one turn signal goes, I replaced both anyways and they lasted longer. A buddy of mine tried to explain one day how that works and I forget what he said, but it seemed to make a big difference to me.

Try that...
      1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

My passenger side DRL/Signal lasts about 2 weeks and gets hot and melts, I replaced the socket and still no luck :mad:
        97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

mine did that, so I drilled a hole in the bottom of each lense to let water/moisture out and it stopped blowing out.

the hole is very small and is not even noticeable.
          1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula SOLD!<br />1999 Pontiac Firebird<br /><a href=\"http://members.sounddomain.com/tlight99\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.sounddomain.com/tlight99</a>

Comment

Check out this link Premature buring out of tail lights

I think it should be very helpful!!!!
            1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

It could also be you. When you replace the bulbs do you just use your bare hands to replace them? See its because your hands have a natural oil on them and its not too noticeable if you get it on the bulb but soon enough it heats up and blows it out. This kept happening to me and my friend who works at a shop told me to either use gloves or after I installed the bulb to clean it off w/ alcohol. I did that and havent had to replace it anymore. Hope it helps.
              1999 Firebird (black)<br />Y87 package<br />Whisper lid<br />FRA<br />Raised airbox<br />K & N Filter<br />Removed MAF screen<br />180 thermostat<br />3\" catalytic converter<br />Cat-back exhaust<br />Flowmaster<br />\"Fool you can bet, that I can dance underwater and not get wet\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by firebird99:
                It could also be you. When you replace the bulbs do you just use your bare hands to replace them? See its because your hands have a natural oil on them and its not too noticeable if you get it on the bulb but soon enough it heats up and blows it out. This kept happening to me and my friend who works at a shop told me to either use gloves or after I installed the bulb to clean it off w/ alcohol. I did that and havent had to replace it anymore. Hope it helps.<hr></blockquote>

yep, i was just going to say

those little guys dont like to be touched

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X