You figure this out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You figure this out

My car seems to run fine once it warms up BUT when it's a cold start it acts a little funny. Once you put it in Drive to take off the RPMs severely hesitate and then it shifts REAL HARD. After about 3-4min the car runs like perfect...WTF?!?!?

I know....its a chevy :( ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

I am no car mechanic but could it be a tranny problem. I say this cuase of the hard shifting and it sounds like once the tranny fluid gets warmed up it works fine. I deal with hydrolic transmissions on mowers and when the fluid is cold it does not operate the same. Try changing the fluid. Just my .02 cents though
      2002 Silver Firebird M5<br />T-Tops, Whisper Lid, Flow Master 80 series w/ 3\" stainless tips, Holly Powershot filter, B&M Ripper shifter with Leather SLP shift knob, Eurolight conversion kit for headlights. Mods soon to come<br />Raptor style ram air hood, intake kit.<p>my car <a href=\"http://www.systemsam.net/firebird/image003.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">www.systemsam.net/firebird/image003.jpg</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.systemsam.net/firebird/image008.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">www.systemsam.net/firebird/image008.jpg</a>

Comment

-longviewbird

what could be wrong with the tranny? sometimes on the highway (around 65-75) if I left off the gas and hit it again (minimal throttle) the RPMs surge up a bit and then the car jumps forward...kinda like it's slipping. It only happens sometimes...depending on what mood my car is in...

Comment

Have u removed your MAF screen? Check the MAF for damage.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99Camaro99:
            -longviewbird

what could be wrong with the tranny? sometimes on the highway (around 65-75) if I left off the gas and hit it again (minimal throttle) the RPMs surge up a bit and then the car jumps forward...kinda like it's slipping. It only happens sometimes...depending on what mood my car is in...
            <hr></blockquote>

isnt that just the torque converter locking up?

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
            05' CTS-V
            00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

dont worry about it... its only when its cold correct? Iv had a mustang and now this camaro... they both do it.... it happens to all cars... nuthin bad and no it dont mean ur tranny is about to go out

[ January 03, 2003: Message edited by: Big Tymer ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PiLOTLiTE:
                Have u removed your MAF screen? Check the MAF for damage.<hr></blockquote>

nope never touched it

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by nikon:

isnt that just the torque converter locking up?
                <hr></blockquote>

nah I know what it usually feels like and trust me it's slipping more than it is a lockup

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Big Tymer:
                dont worry about it... its only when its cold correct? <hr></blockquote>

hard shifts only when cold yes...the slipping at highway speeds occur at anytime

FURTHER INPUT/ADVISE PLEASE!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X