headlight out,,,help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlight out,,,help

I have a 95 camaro and my driver side headlight is out. Does anybody know how to get to this light so i can change the bulb?
    thanks in advance
    1995 Camaro 3.4L<br />dynomax super turbo muffler<br />SLP CAI<p>It\'s red so it must be fast!!!

hey if you need one i will sell you mine for cheap. its new.

Email me if ya want it.

Thanks
    For Sale<p>Mods so Far:<br />Tb Coolant Bypass, NGK Vpower Plugs, Accel 8mm Wires, Gutted Cat, TransAm Muffler, K&N FIPK, Crower Baja Cam, Comp Cams Magnum Rocker Arms 1.52 Ratio, Ported Throttlebody, Ported Intake Manifold, 3.73s and Auburn LSD, Yellow Underbody Neons, Milled Heads, Pacesetter Headers, TransGo Shift Kit, 1 Piece DS, Accel Coils, Rk Sport Air Temperature Module<p>Soon Mods:<br />Nos 5175, Rims, Stage 2 Jet Chip, Jet Underdrive Pullys, Strut Tower Brace, Subframe Connectors, Speed Calibrator, Lowering Springs

Comment

just pop open your hood, reach behind the headlamp and twis tthe bulb and pull it out of the enclosure. Unplug it, look at what type it is, go to your local wal-mart, and buy a replacement bulb. I dunno what kinda bulbs your year has, it should say on the back of the bulb, dunno if it'd be the same as my 2000.
      Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

I don't know about your setup. but i know with yours you cant reach around and unskrew the bulb because you have different bulbs than 98+ need an answer from someone with a 97.
        2002 camaro SS 6 speed, black, with black leather: Whisper lid/filter<br /> 98 silver camaro v6 a4(sold)<br />few mods

Comment

It's really easy. Pop open your hood, and locate the little screws that hold the headlamp on. Don't drop them or you'll be looking for them all day. You'll need a special screwdriver for this. I don't know what its called... it is star shaped. Unscrew them, and pull out the frame the headlamp is held on by. Pull out the headlamp. Disconnect the plug that is attached to the headlamp, and that should be it. If there's a pep boys near you, go there and look for a replacement. They should have them on their shelves. I had to replace mine a couple of times this year because rocks on the freeway broke mine. Just make sure you pick up the correct headlamp, because the high beams look just like the headlamps. I hope that helps a little.
          Jana<br />-Black,1996 3800 V6 Camaro with T-tops, Powerdyne 6 psi. SC, intercooled, front mounted ATI air to air two core intercooler, K&N Air Filter, Suncoast Ram Air Hood, Z-Style, with Air Box, Four wheel disk brakes conversion, with LS1 front brake conversion, 3.42 Gears, Cross drilled directional Rotors, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Flowmaster 80 Series muffler with 2.5\" inlet, and 3\" outlet, dual, chrome exhaust tips (soon to be full Flowmaster Thunder Series Catback with Pacesetter Headers), Stock LT1 Formula sway bars (soon to be 1LE\'s all around), 17 x 9 ZR1/SS chrome rims, with Firestone Firehawk 275/40/17 tires, Bilstein SLP valved shocks, Eibach springs, SLP Subframe connectors, BMR adjustable Torque Arm, 1LE Aluminum driveshaft, Taillight cover black-outs, Turn signal black-outs, Custom 3800 V6 decal, Off-road pipe, 160 Thermostat, SLP Fan Control Switch, B&M Transmision pan, B&M Shift Plus, Herb Adams solid adjustable PHR, etc.<br />-Soon to be added, headers, lightweight k-member.<br />-All thanks to my wonderful, supportive boyfriend, Rob, with the red hot 94 Firehawk Formula at: <a href=\"http://www.robshawk.com\" target=\"_blank\">Rob\'s Hawk</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.robshawk.com/Jana/Camaro/\" target=\"_blank\">Jana\'s Camaro</a>

Comment

jana,,,where are the screws located???
            1995 Camaro 3.4L<br />dynomax super turbo muffler<br />SLP CAI<p>It\'s red so it must be fast!!!

Comment

Your head light has a metal frame that holds the headlight in. You have to remove the whole unit and replace it. You cannot just replace the bulb. You can go to any pep boys and pick one up like jana said, or maybe another autopart store.

Pop your hood and around the actual headlight unit there will a metal frame...1 screw on top and 2 screws on the bottom, both seen by looking right at the headlight, eye level. Make sure you don't turn the headlight leveler (of you'll be blinding people. It sits ontop of the headlight and is not a screw). Use a phillips head to remove them, but be careful with the bottom ones, because those easy fall into the car, if you are not careful. Then move the metal frame and just pull outthe headlight, unplug it and do the opposite for the new one. It will take you 5 minutes to do. Very easy.

[ March 19, 2002: Message edited by: daWhoady ]</p>
              <b>99\' Black Camaro SS</b> <br />M6/T-Tops - SLPLid w/K&N | Hurst Billet Plus w/ LSS | EGR Mod<p>Black 97\' Camaro T-Tops (RIP)

Comment

Geez, why'd they hafta make the damn headlamps so complicated on the 93-97's? 98+ you just pop the bulb out!
                Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

hey, us guys with firebird are worse with those pop up headlights, I had to take the whole black frame off of mine and then unscrew the headlight. Not hard, just would have been eaiser to take out a bulb in the back. On top of that, you have to have the headlight up while you do it, thats when I messed up the threads in the maual raise knob and almost had to buy a new motor until I saw a place online that showed me how to fix it for free. I wish ours just had the bulbs pop out, I want brighter headlights, anyone know where I can buy the sealed beam headlights for a 97 bird without doing the conversion? Something brighter the the ones I got at autozone that are glass and are brigter then the plastic ones.
                  Then: 1997 3.8L Red Firebird~SOLD!~<p>Now: 2002 Atlantic Blue Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

"jana,,,where are the screws located???"
                    --------------------------------------------------

like daWhoaday said. For some reason he explained that entire process a lot neater than I did. :)

[ March 19, 2002: Message edited by: Jana ]</p>
                    Jana<br />-Black,1996 3800 V6 Camaro with T-tops, Powerdyne 6 psi. SC, intercooled, front mounted ATI air to air two core intercooler, K&N Air Filter, Suncoast Ram Air Hood, Z-Style, with Air Box, Four wheel disk brakes conversion, with LS1 front brake conversion, 3.42 Gears, Cross drilled directional Rotors, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Flowmaster 80 Series muffler with 2.5\" inlet, and 3\" outlet, dual, chrome exhaust tips (soon to be full Flowmaster Thunder Series Catback with Pacesetter Headers), Stock LT1 Formula sway bars (soon to be 1LE\'s all around), 17 x 9 ZR1/SS chrome rims, with Firestone Firehawk 275/40/17 tires, Bilstein SLP valved shocks, Eibach springs, SLP Subframe connectors, BMR adjustable Torque Arm, 1LE Aluminum driveshaft, Taillight cover black-outs, Turn signal black-outs, Custom 3800 V6 decal, Off-road pipe, 160 Thermostat, SLP Fan Control Switch, B&M Transmision pan, B&M Shift Plus, Herb Adams solid adjustable PHR, etc.<br />-Soon to be added, headers, lightweight k-member.<br />-All thanks to my wonderful, supportive boyfriend, Rob, with the red hot 94 Firehawk Formula at: <a href=\"http://www.robshawk.com\" target=\"_blank\">Rob\'s Hawk</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.robshawk.com/Jana/Camaro/\" target=\"_blank\">Jana\'s Camaro</a>

Comment

there is the black 'square' shaped frame holding your headlight on if you look at it straight on. you don't need a special "star" shaped screwdriver to take the screws out. an allen wrench will do just fine. pop these screws out (and yes, DON'T drop them!!!) and then the metal frame thingy pulls off. your headlight can then be pulled out exposing the connector in the back. unplug the light and repeat everything backwards to put it back in. make sure you have a "driverside low beam" light. a passenger side low beam won't work. the connection on the back of your light is a plastic connector with a 90 degree radius... the difference between the passenger and driver side light is that the connectors go in opposite directions. i guess if you want the light in upside down that would work but i can't have that :D
                      1994 Camaro 3.4L M5 R.I.P.<br />You know what they say- a small engine means big... errr... e/t\'s<br /><a href=\"http://www.pbase.com/rrj72/the_accident\" target=\"_blank\">www.pbase.com/rrj72/the_accident</a><p>replaced with: red 97 A4 vert (my brothers as soon as i find my REAL replacement)<p>soon to come: 1969 RS/SS<p>\"All you need are the esentials: scented candles, massage oil, and Berry White write that down.\" -Van Wilder

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X