interesting MPG numbers from this weekend - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

interesting MPG numbers from this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: interesting MPG numbers from this weekend

saw an episode of Mythbusters this weekend that proved the idea of drafting a big rig increases your MPG on the highway. if i remember correctly they got a SUV upwards of 40 MPG. by the way, my car averages 35-36 MPG at 70-75 on the highway.
    1997 3.8 5-speed Camaro<br />BMR STB, LCA\'s, SFC\'s,Panhard bar, Torque arm,1LE sway bars<br />Headers, SLP cold air, Flowmaster catback, takeoff LSD, Eibach pro springs<br />Hurst shifter, 01 Z28 guage cluster w/ white face overlays, billet grill w

Comment

They used a Magnum, and got some great mileage behind that semi.

I have been getting some good gas mileage recently after replacing an O2 sensor that sparked an SES light. I used to average around 20, but my last two fillups got 27mpg and 25mpg. This is probably 40% highway, 60% town. And spinning the tires a few times, along with T-tops off almost all the time. I guess a car's age doesn't matter, since my 3.8L 5spd has 189,000 miles...
      <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

wow, I feel like a gas guzzler among ya'll since I only get around 21 mpg. (Have flowmaster catback, full CAI, 4.10's). Mines a 97 3.8 liter with 131k on it.

I've tried to baby my car for a whole tank of gas....but it's soooo hard. And now that I have the diff gears, it's next to impossible. But that's k, i'm alright with my 21mpg.

All you high MPG ppl....:twak:

Comment

Hmm... I guess my mileage kinda sucks now compared to all these numbers haha

Mine is a 3.8L V6 A4 w/ Y87 (3.42).

Ever since I got the car (used), there's a pretty strong gasoline smell whenever I am parked and idling. It starts almost immediately too, as in a cold start after a night in the garage or parking lot. I've always thought this meant the car was running rich... am I correct? O2 sensor should be the first thing to replace?
          \'96 dark green V6 Firebird<br />Y87 Performance package<br />front license plate with silver firebird insignia<br />alpine CD deck<br />T-top<br />Tinted windows @ 27%<br />low mileage (just broke 45000 not long ago!)<br /><br />waiting for first performance mod :)

Comment

I will admit that one time i did drive 50mph on a highway. I had gotten a reckless by speeding in Viriginia (I live in NJ) and had to go back for a court date. I also would have gone ballistic if i had gotten another ticket on my way to pay a ticket, so i went the speed limit the whole time. Usually my gas milage is around 19 or 20 mpg but on this trip my overall gas milage was over 27 mpg. Anyway, the 3800 series II can get some pretty wicked milage at lower speeds (not like im ever gonna try it again anyway though).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X