Disabling my fuel injectors??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling my fuel injectors??

I am "repairing" a blown head gasket with K&W Head gasket repair. I dont have the money to replace the gasket so hopefully this works. But the directions call to remove the spark plug(s) showing orange/white deposits where the gasket is damaged, and to remove that plug(s) and disable the fuel injection to it while the K&W solution runs through the motor for a half hour. Is disabling the injector really necessary and if so how would that be done? By the way its the middle plug on the driver side.

Re: Disabling my fuel injectors??

If you have to turn the motor over then yes it is. Because if your disconnecting the plugs and you turn the motor you will be dumping fuel into the cylinders. Not a good thing.

Comment

well its just that one plug...they mention it as though u need to cut the fuel being pumped into just that cylinder...that possible?? and if so how??

Comment

pull the fuel pump fuse with all spark plugs in start the car until it dies then you should be ok

Comment

well the car does have to run though. Has to idle for 30 minutes while that stuff runs through the motor. They're calling for the fuel to be cut to just that cylinder where the gasket damage is. If I remove the pump/injector fuses wont the motor not run at all? Or am I missing what your trying to say ? :)

Comment

Just unplug the electrical connector to the fuel injector. Should just have to squeeze the little metal bars. This releases the hold and you can pull the connector up and off.
            Doug<br />1996 Camaro RS M5 Y87<br />SLP Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, 1LE frt/rear sway bars

Comment

Originally posted by D_Fisher
              Just unplug the electrical connector to the fuel injector. Should just have to squeeze the little metal bars. This releases the hold and you can pull the connector up and off.
              thank god some body here thinks

Comment

Hey Jared, let us know how the "chemical fix" thing works for you. Personally, I've tried many different chemical solutions over the years as quick fixes to head gasket failures, and NONE of them have worked. I'll bet that this stuff your using will last a couple of days at best! Maybe I'm wrong.
                Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

The Chemical fix went well. No problems thus far and the car is running strong....but we'll wait and see what happens.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X