This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 rs vs 07 mustang v6

my firneds mustang is alittle quick hes put new heasers on intake bassani exhaust but his tiers are chrome an take down the speed of the car. Any suggestions what i could do that fast a cheap that can make me beat up on his v6 with my v6

Re: 96 rs vs 07 mustang v6

what type of price range are you in? Most power for the buck, I would say get NOS but then again if you want it to last your gonna have to beef up your internals.
    Originally posted by kala
    I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
    parting her out

Comment

well at this moment i cant take him right? But i am really looking for something pretty quick and simple what if i changed my torque converter and put new headers on what would that do for me? I just need to know how

Comment

are you guys auto or stick?

do either of you have LSD?

lots of factors.

im gunna say for about $500 you can do intake, muffler, aluminum driveshaft and maybe a hiflo cat.

but those cars are heavier than ours. i drove one and my 1997 RS will def beat it.

but i have intake, full exhaust, aluminim d/s, 3.42s and LSD...

now if only i could afford a tune right now...

Comment

ha i have a k&n cold air intake and a cat back exhaust problem is i dont know what exahust it is so i am probably going to get a new one. My car hauls so i know its quick i also like a i have jegs cooling fanthijng is i dont know because when i bought it i was never told wat was put into it i just looked over bymself and figured out wa was done.

Originally posted by Niko97rs
          are you guys auto or stick?

do either of you have LSD?

lots of factors.

im gunna say for about $500 you can do intake, muffler, aluminum driveshaft and maybe a hiflo cat.
          i am auto its a shame but only camaro i could find with good miles and room to modify. His is auto as well no excuse for him he bought it brand new HES A RICH KID.

no lsd not dhure what u mean actually

whats a driveshaft and hiflo cat?

Comment

Originally posted by martinearley
            ha i have a k&n cold air intake and a cat back exhaust problem is i dont know what exahust it is so i am probably going to get a new one. My car hauls so i know its quick i also like a i have jegs cooling fanthijng is i dont know because when i bought it i was never told wat was put into it i just looked over bymself and figured out wa was done.

i am auto its a shame but only camaro i could find with good miles and room to modify. His is auto as well no excuse for him he bought it brand new HES A RICH KID.

no lsd not dhure what u mean actually

whats a driveshaft and hiflo cat?
            How do you know its a cat back and not just an aftermarket exhaust?

LSD is 2 wheel spin, Limited Slip Differential

A driveshaft is the long thing that turns from transmission to the differential. An aluminum one is lighter than the steel one. Lighter is a good thing.:D

A highflow cat is a catalytic convertor that flows more exhaust gases than a stock one. The more you can pump out the better also ;)

Do you have a full cold air intake or just a K&N filter?
            Originally posted by kala
            I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
            parting her out

Comment

A driveshaft is the long thing that turns from transmission to the differential. An aluminum one is lighter than the steel one. Lighter is a good thing.

A highflow cat is a catalytic convertor that flows more exhaust gases than a stock one. The more you can pump out the better also

Well i dont really know that it is a catback but from what i saw it looked like the muffler had a tube comming off the back lik nthe borla setup to the catalyic converter.
              i do have a full cold air intake that i know and lets say i get headers on my car dose that mean that i wont need a cataylic converter or will i still need it.

Comment

Originally posted by crushedout

A driveshaft is the long thing that turns from transmission to the differential. An aluminum one is lighter than the steel one. Lighter is a good thing.

A highflow cat is a catalytic convertor that flows more exhaust gases than a stock one. The more you can pump out the better also

Well i dont really know that it is a catback but from what i saw it looked like the muffler had a tube comming off the back lik nthe borla setup to the catalyic converter.
                i do have a full cold air intake that i know and lets say i get headers on my car dose that mean that i wont need a cataylic converter or will i still need it.

Comment

Originally posted by martinearley
                  well at this moment i cant take him right? But i am really looking for something pretty quick and simple what if i changed my torque converter and put new headers on what would that do for me? I just need to know how
                  swapping your torque converter is neither quick nor simple

Comment

but wouldnit improve my horsepower on my car

Comment

your really new to the car scene arent ya?

Comment

read the stickies and do some searching through the forums here for modding advise. You have some researching to do from the sounds of it.

http://forum.camarov6.com/search.php
                        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I bet your stock rs could take his mustang even with the mods he has on. My friend has a 2002 v6 mustang and it runs 17's...thats horrible. I ran a 15.7 like a year and a half back when all i had was a flowmaster 80 series muffler. Since then ive got a full cold air intake and full exhaust done from headers to ypipe and whatnot. Also some performance spark plugs if that counts, but im waiting to get my rims done so i can take it to the track and see any improvements

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
                            swapping your torque converter is neither quick nor simple
                            depends on your skill level ;) i could do it in less than 2hrs.
                            then again i have access to a lift and more air tools than necessary. dosent hurt that ive pulled a few transmissions, motors, and rear end assemblies (among a number of other things) either.
                            basically it all depends on dudes skills and how deep his pockets are...
                            foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
                            if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

Originally posted by 97iastatecamaro
                              I bet your stock rs could take his mustang even with the mods he has on. My friend has a 2002 v6 mustang and it runs 17's...thats horrible. I ran a 15.7 like a year and a half back when all i had was a flowmaster 80 series muffler. Since then ive got a full cold air intake and full exhaust done from headers to ypipe and whatnot. Also some performance spark plugs if that counts, but im waiting to get my rims done so i can take it to the track and see any improvements

youre comparing apples to oranges here. nothing is the same between the new v6 stang and the 02 youre talking about. the new v6 stang auto or manual should cut around 15.0-15.3 stock. he's got full exhuast and intake, thats nothing to sneeze at with these new v6 stangs as they respond very well to mods. at the track if he can launch worth a $hit he should be around 14.7.

martin, normally im not such a spelling nazi, but for the love of god please check your spelling before you post because it took me 20 minutes to decode half of it.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                              http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                              Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X