grr annoying code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grr annoying code

I've known what code my engine has thrown for a while, but the aspect of me possibly selling my car has brought my attention to fixing it finally. It's a P0113-High IAT sensor input... its from where i sold my K&N intake and i left that stupid little piece of plastic that makes the IAT sensor fit in the hole. So now its dangling next to my stock intake, and wont stay in. Any simple fixes for this? Maybe some kind of puddy or something just to get it to stay in? I think the service engine light will go away if i get back in place.

thanks
    1999 v6 Camaro M5
    Automatic to Manual converted
    Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
    !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Re: grr annoying code

Find a rubber band that's about a 1/4 inch wide and cut it so that it's a rubber strip. Take some super glue and put a drop on the IAT sensor, and then put one end of the rubber strip on the sensor. Wrap it around a few times until you get a snug fit, truncate the rest of the strip and glue the end of the strip down to itself.

Comment

I did the same thing. You can buy a little rubber PVC thing for 2 bucks at advanceauto parts. Just take the plastic part off you IAT sensor and find it.

Comment

well i finally found the GM part # for the IAT sensor. It's just $25 shipped for a whole new IAT sensor, but I don't want to spend that if it's just throwing a code because the sensor lost the grommet and won't go in its hole. What do you guys think? Replace it or not?

(I did the rubberband thing, and the code didn't go away, but it just might need to be cleared.)
        1999 v6 Camaro M5
        Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
        !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

Originally posted by mestupryan
          (I did the rubberband thing, and the code didn't go away, but it just might need to be cleared.)
          disconnect the battery for 30 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
            disconnect the battery for 30 minutes
            in the process of doing this, i got a socket stuck on the bolt that holds the ground cable..... great. its seriously fused to the bolt. ill see what happens in 30 mins.
            1999 v6 Camaro M5

Comment

for a job as simple as untightening and re-tightening a nut, that was annoying as hell; but the service engine light is off and didnt come back on after letting my car run for a bit. thanks alot smoke, you were a big help!
              1999 v6 Camaro M5

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X