NEED HELP!!!! rpm's!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP!!!! rpm's!!!

i have a 1998 camaro, 45000 miles. my car always idles at 1000 rpms. well a couple aof weeks ago it started all the sudden idling at 1100 and 1200 rpms. well that stoped and went back to normal. well today it started up again idling at almost 1500 rpm's!! i checked the air filter and it was clean. that was the only thing i could think of. but its still doing it. whats wrong with my car???

My car started doin that too, as well as some other guys around town, weird. I don't know what the problem is but I'm gonna take it to the shop tomorrow and find out. Mine's a 2001.

Comment

If you have a 3.8, then it's more than likely your Idle Air Control Valve (IAC). I had to replace mine already because I would tap the gas pedal and the idle would shoot up to about 15-20k for about 5 seconds then go back to normal. Check with Autozone if you are near one. They sold me a new IAC for $28.00.

Marc
      sigpic

Comment

The dealer ship said there's alot of things that could go bad and do that. Vacuum leaks are the biggest reasons for this. The air sensor is another. he said there's no way of seeing which one is the answer and u just start replacin the cheap stuff first, lol. But i don't know, I went home and put my MAF screen back in and the idle came back to normal. I guess since the air suddenly went from 80* to 50* here in Mississippi it needed it back in, i don't know. It's runnin fine now though. just thought i'd inform u if u took your's out, try and put it back in.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X