Fuel problem!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel problem!!!

ok it's not on my Camaro it's on my jimmy. it's a '95 with 160,000 miles on it and i went out last night and it wouldn't start. it still didn't start today. Saturday night i was coming from work and it stalled out on me. well i walked back to work, it only being maybe 50 yards away and called a friend to come pic me up. well i walk back to it and it starts right up. no problem. well anyway. my dad thinks it's the relay for the fuel pump since i can't even hear it run. i just replaced the pump about 6,000 miles ago so i doubt it's that. anybody else think it might be the relay. i heard Blazers and Jimmy's had that problem frequently. well i'll try and figure it out tommorrow. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    2000 Grand Prix GTP- Bronzemist Metallic: K&N Fenderwell Intake,3.4\" Thrasher Pulley, v1.0 DHP PCM, 3\" Mandrel Bent DP,Ubend Delete,Dynomax SuperTurbos, 180* Thermostat.<br />Soon to come: ZZP SSIntercooler or N20 or both:)

please keep us updated...i'm thinking about a jimmy for next winter's beater [img]smile.gif[/img]

--matt

Comment

i'll recommend them. look at my cardomain on the last page. i have a 2Dr. red one. i LOVE that truck. it's fun to drive and pretty snappy. Very good in the snow. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
      2000 Grand Prix GTP- Bronzemist Metallic: K&N Fenderwell Intake,3.4\" Thrasher Pulley, v1.0 DHP PCM, 3\" Mandrel Bent DP,Ubend Delete,Dynomax SuperTurbos, 180* Thermostat.<br />Soon to come: ZZP SSIntercooler or N20 or both:)

Comment

ok update!!!!!!!! i was doing some checking around on the power aspect of the vehicle. i found that with ignition on i only got about 11.3 volts to the pump not enough to get it to start pumping so i charged the battery figuring it was low. low and behold it wouldn't charge. then i got to thinking. hmm i had a dead battery one morning and it wouldn't start. it was cold dead. along with a cold night= destroyed battery. it only acted up when it was cold out. well tonight i fiddled around and found this out after checking all the relays. turns out it's not the trucks fault it's the damn battery so i put one in that we had around th shop. looked pretty new so i charged it a bit and started to turn the ignition and GRRRRRRR. it started purrin' like a kitten. i love this truck. 160,000 miles and only a fuel pump and starter put in it. the thing gets 20 mpg and is very snappy. doesn't burn a drop of oil. i mean none at all. so man if you are thinking about getting one i recommend them. very nice lookin' trucks. get a Jimmy instead of a blazer though. much nicer looking hood. if you look you'll see the difference. also if you like 2dr's get one. they look sexier and are 3.5" short and that helps in the snow. they are bears in snow with good tires. i Bridgestone Dueler A/T. tires. new were like $100 each but VERY nice tires. anyway i'll stop babbling. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

hey, thanks for the info. i actually almost bought a (1988 i think--mint) jimmy two door 4x4 4.3L this fall for a daily driver, but ended up getting a damned tercel....which i shouldn't have bought :( the guy never did sell the jimmy tho, and just bought another one. maybe i can get it from him for next year.

--matt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X