I have no clue whats wrong.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no clue whats wrong.

Okay so I'm heading to the gym last night and on my way there I had to stop at a red light. While slowing down almost to a hault. my car started to shake really bad. the whole thing. felt like a plane was right over my car. well the check gauges light came on but nothing was wrong. By this time the light turned green. i pressed on the gas and my car wouldn't accelerate. so i puttered into the turning lane. Then it just cleared up. everything was fine. i took off back into the the lane and hammered on the peddel. it was just fine. well then right b4 i got there my check engine gauge came back on but this time my temp was reading 260! i was like wholy ****! well the light went off and my temperature gauge went right back down to normal.

Im soo lost i dunno what it is. maybe my thermostat??? Please help!
    1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
    - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Re: I have no clue whats wrong.

Sounds like two seperate problems to me.

#1 - Check gauges light tells you that one of your gauges is reading out of the normal area. In your case it was the engine temp. But, your engine was not overheating because you said that it returned to normal right after that. Could be a loose wire, bad sensor, etc. In very heavy rain my car does that as well. Water must be entering the PCM or something like that.

#2 - The shaking and lack of acceleration. In my opinion you may have a coil pack going bad on you. I had the same problem and I could not figure out which one was bad. I replaced all three and it has never happened again.

Hope that helps.

Comment

your car an m5 or a4

Comment

1998 auto
        1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
        - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

Originally posted by auto666
          your car an m5 or a4
          my first thought but im assuming its a A4

edit: beat me to it.

the fact that it cleared up has me confused at the moment.

how many miles? SES light on?
          Last edited by loser; 07-18-2007, 12:40 PM.
          1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

No every thing works perfect untill it just messes up and scares the S*** outta me. My temp gauge goes up all the way and that shaking thing is something unexplainable. I really need some help. I will check my wires and see if my thermostat is okay, but other than that i dont know what's wrong.
            1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X