Crank, No Spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crank, No Spark

I think it may be the Ignition Control Module or Crankshaft Position Sensor. Possibly the PCM too??? :poke:

Car ran fine, sat for 4 days and now cranks fine but no spark. The car does not even want to try to fire; I don’t hear any cylinders firing so I don’t think it’s a coil.

1997 Camaro V6 5spd 3.8 (distributor less)

Re: Crank, No Spark

What did you do to confirm that there is no spark? Did you pull a plug wire and put a tester or spare spark plug on it and you didn't see a spark when cranking over?

Could be fuel delivery problem if spark is ok.
    Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

Originally posted by CDNFB
      What did you do to confirm that there is no spark? Did you pull a plug wire and put a tester or spare spark plug on it and you didn't see a spark when cranking over?

Could be fuel delivery problem if spark is ok.
      Yeah, visually checked plug spark while cranking and then when other person left, checked again with piece of paper in gap while cranking.

The fuel tank is low but I checked the pressure valve and fuel does come out when I push it in, so, some pressure exists... Does not squirt out, kind of seeps out quickly. Check both lines going into rails, one was empty, the other was full. I don't know which one is the return line...
      Last edited by Break-in; 07-18-2007, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Check if IGN fuse is ok.

I've read other posts here where the guys remove the ICM and coils, and take them to Pep Boys (and places like that) where they can get them tested (for free even!).

You won't get alot of fuel spraying out of the fuel rail without the fuel pump running, and it will only run for a couple of seconds when you advance the ignition key to the run position, and then again when the PCM sees ignition pulses from the ICM during engine crank (key in the start position).
        Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

She runs.... wtf?

I wanted to check the pressure at the rail again, so I pushed the valve til stoped thus clearing any pressure in it. She crank and slowly fired up...

hmmm..

I'm going to run her to the gas station (pushing distance from home).

Comment

just becuase fuel came out the schreder valve doesnt mean you have good pressure, get a fuel pressure testor.

Comment

Yup, starting to sound like a fuel pressure problem

Comment

Does seem fuel related to me too. I'm going to drive her (short distances) for now and see what happens.

Thanks for you input (so far).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X