Where to find a Chrome 100 Alternator - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find a Chrome 100 Alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find a Chrome 100 Alternator

I have a 1996 3.8 liter v6, the Alternator is going out. I wanty to get a chrome alternator perferable 100 amp. Does anyone know where I can order one? I've looked at summit, and I'm not sure what to buy.
    1996 Firebird<br />Wolfgang Polish--the best<br />working on Project Phoenix

Just curious as to why you want specifically a 100 amp? I beleive 105 was stock on all the 3.8L motors (anyone feel free to correct me here). Here's a couple links I found real fast, there's bound to be one around there somewhere.

Chrome

Could be somewhere on this site
    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

My mistake I thought we only had 80 amp alternator. I'll look and see maybe i can find a 140.
      1996 Firebird<br />Wolfgang Polish--the best<br />working on Project Phoenix

Comment

I think the police option impalas had the 140 amp alternator a few years back. I'm not sure if the fwd alternator has the same clockface and bracket setup. Take your alternator to an alternator shop, they can rebuild your alternator to 140amp specs. It would be a good time to send your case to the platers, too.
        2001 Kroger\'s shopping cart<br />MODS-<br />* disabled locking wheel<br />* used Flowmaster and some LS1 parts ... I think there\'s an old Bilstein shock in there too.

Comment

i believe Mr. Alternator sells chrome alternators, not sure of the specs on them though...
          mcG<br />aim=endlive<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/endlive\" target=\"_blank\">97 firebird</a> ~ wrecked

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X