any pictures or a how too guide or changing out lower intake manifold gasket?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any pictures or a how too guide or changing out lower intake manifold gasket??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any pictures or a how too guide or changing out lower intake manifold gasket??

My dad is going to do this to my car this weekend bc we think we figured out this is where my coolant is leaking from. it shows all the signs and symptoms of leaking from here or the thermostat bypass elbow..does anybody have any pic or a how to guide for changing these things out??

thanks

Summer
    Last edited by Summer99; 07-24-2007, 12:38 PM.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/marochk99\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/marochk99</a>

Re: any pictures or a how too guide or changing out lower intake manifold gasket??

lemme look around.

3.8 right?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

Re: any pictures or a how too guide or changing out lower intake manifold gasket??

pick up a haynes and chiltons manual. both should have it step by step.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
        pick up a haynes and chiltons manual. both should have it step by step.
        Haynes manual, always comes in handy.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

well bought a haynes book and not a thing in there about changing out the lower intake manifold gaskets... just some stuff about the water pump but wat im mostly concerned with is changing out that little plastic elbow that our cars are known to corrode. Im going to Oreillys right now they said they have the kit there but i cant find it anywhere it the haynes book!!! any advice? we were going to chage out this first and see if it fixes the prob hopfully so so i dont have to tear apart half my engine :(
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/marochk99\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/marochk99</a>

Comment

oh sorry guys its a 1999 3.8

Comment

where at in biloxi are you? i work for turan foley so i know i can help you out.
              Last edited by David8399; 07-24-2007, 09:26 PM.
              96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

no way.. wats the odds of finding someone that lives right by you?? haha i live in the st. martin area. I go up to turan foley alot just for random parts that i might need. heres a pic of my car maybe u will kno who i am...or my bf. he used to drive the black z28 that looked like mine but reversed color scheme

anyways, i might have to go to turan foley to get my car fixed if this little piece doesnt fix my leak. My car is runnin like shyt lately thats wat makes me think it might be a blown head gasket or something serious like that

Comment

Originally posted by Summer99
                  well bought a haynes book and not a thing in there about changing out the lower intake manifold gaskets... just some stuff about the water pump but wat im mostly concerned with is changing out that little plastic elbow that our cars are known to corrode. Im going to Oreillys right now they said they have the kit there but i cant find it anywhere it the haynes book!!! any advice? we were going to chage out this first and see if it fixes the prob hopfully so so i dont have to tear apart half my engine :(
                  The intake manifold instructions are in the 3800 engine section of the Haynes manual.
                  Doug<br />1996 Camaro RS M5 Y87<br />SLP Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, 1LE frt/rear sway bars

Comment

if you havent got it yet i can get the instucrtions from the gm master online thingy it has pics and torque specs and everything.
                    96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

and i have seen your car on hwy 49 before, a lot of my friends work at the quick lube on the corner of hwy 49 and 28th st so i am there a lot so i see a lot of cars but i can remember that grille

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X