PCM IGN fuse blows....plz advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCM IGN fuse blows....plz advise

Well, i posted this in the "Electrical" section, but no responses, so I figured since this said "repair issues" I might as well post it here as well.

I was backing my car up out of a parking spot, and "stalled" out. I didn't think much of it just how incredibly pathetic/embarassing it was. But I went to restart the engine, and it wouldn't fire. Starter kept going, but no ignition. So after getting it towed to the shop, it was jsut a blown fuse (the PCM IGN one. 10amps). The guy couldn't find anythign wrong with it that made it blow the fuse. I take it the 25 minutes home, let the car sit for a while and then decided to go to the gym. Get in the car, same thing. I check the fuse and yep, it's popped. put another one in, "PoP". Go to walmart (in a diff car....duh), buy some more. Try it once more and "POP." So, after letting the car sit overnight, i try it again in the morning and it fires right up. Took it to the shop to see if it'd blow on them, all day today and it hasn't. So the guy is gonna "fiddle" with it tomorrow to see if it'll "pop" or not.

It seems like it did it after a good bit of driving, then sitting for 10-15 minutes. Tha's what happened when I parked at the Chick-fila, and in my garage. But they tried that at the shop, and the fuse didn't bow on em...

It's a 1997
    If anyone has any ideas as to why it's doing this i'd very much appreciate it.

PS if he can't figure it out tomorrow my dad and I are just gonna get the car back, and he's gonna tell us what to check for if it pops on us again. He said like, only 3 diff things go through that fuse. But....yea....

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X