91 firebird problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 firebird problems

i have a 91 firebird 3.1 that has a rich mixure. the problem started a few days back when it started having a rough start up like i use to be able to turn the key and go like its nothing but recently i had to pump the gas if the car isnt already hot. even more recently the start up got even more rough then one day driving up to a stop light it dies on me so i start it back up and pull in to a parking lot and let it idle to see if it would die again but i didnt and it idled fine so as i was backing out of the parking space it dies again so i bring back to the house for a better inspection. later that day it starts up really rough and then it didnt start up at all. i replaced all the plugs, wires, o2 sensor, dist. cap and rotor, and air filter. it seemed to work fine at first then after a little bit of driving my plugs started to foul i took them out and saw the rich mixture had fouled the brand new plugs in a day. and i know my intake isnt clogged or anything. im thinking its has something to do with my fuel injection im goin to replace my fuel filter and see if it helps any.

any suggestions would be great
    (btw im 16 and this is my first car)

Re: 91 firebird problems

You'll get a lot more help in the third gen forum (cheap plug) but after I had the"great fire of '03) my tps was outta whack & I actually had black soot shooting out of the tail pipes.

first things first: what code(s) you getting? That should have us keeping from telling you o check things that wont help...... but in that spirit.. ;) also possibly check egr, iac, icm.

edit: welcome to the site :tup:
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
      Had to be evacuated again due to fire
      by ssms5411
      Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
      1 week ago
    • RPDRed6
      For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
      by RPDRed6
      Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
      3 weeks ago
    • ssms5411
      No start problem
      by ssms5411
      So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X