High mileage = tune up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High mileage = tune up

Well I'm currently sitting at 140k + and the car is not acting up at all. But just like any other person knows... soon something will go wrong.

School starts in a few weeks and with work and such, there will be no time to work on the bird. In the past month I've changed the oil, flushed the coolant, cleaned the K&N, changed tranny fluid, bought new tires, and today I changed the rear differential fluid to synthetic and cleaned up the cover inside and out. My question to you guys... what else should I do before school starts? Remember that I am in an apartment complex, have 2 jacks, and one toolbox... so it needs to be something somewhat simple and not time consuming. Thanks in advance!

Seafoamed about 2 months ago as well
    Last edited by josh98bird; 08-05-2007, 08:01 PM.
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Re: High mileage = tune up

I'd say u have most of the basic things covered. IF you want, I would check for leaks and any broken seals and worn suspension parts. Also, check your serpentine belt for cracks/wear and also you could change the ps fluid and brake fluid. The brake fluid is supposed to be changed out once a year or every 12k. Just something to keep in mind
    Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

check belt maybe grease some bushings in the suspension

Comment

take it to have plugs wires and coils done

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS
          take it to have plugs wires and coils done
          why would he take it somewhere. just do that yourself. with a basic tools it's do-able
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

fuel filter

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
              why would he take it somewhere. just do that yourself. with a basic tools it's do-able

maybe he doesnt have the ability? or a jack/ramps? idk

Comment

thanks guys... I planned on doing the fuel fuilter next week and maybe plug wires. Brake fluid is something I need to do as well.

I will note that after flushing the coolant and changing gear fluid I gained 3mpg. I drove to the parents with cruise control on both times and saw a 3 mpg difference after doing both.
                Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X