size of gas tank and mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• size of gas tank and mpg

how big is the gas tank in my car? how many gallons? 16?
    its a 97 firebird, 3.8

if its 16, and i get about 312 miles on a full tank,possibly squeeze out some more... i would do 312, divided by 16, and that gives me 19.5

so is that decent or no. lol.

Re: size of gas tank and mpg

i believe the tank is 15.5 gallons

you should be able to get a little better mileage... depends on driving habits and location
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by Scott90
      how big is the gas tank in my car? how many gallons? 16?
      its a 97 firebird, 3.8

if its 16, and i get about 312 miles on a full tank,possibly squeeze out some more... i would do 312, divided by 16, and that gives me 19.5

so is that decent or no. lol.
      To find out exactly what your getting fill up and reset your trip. Then when you fill up again take the miles you drove and divide it by how many gallons you put in the car when you fill up. Straght highway you should be able to get closer to 400 or else you need a tune I would guess but every car is diffrent
      Originally posted by kala
      I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
      parting her out

Comment

Originally posted by crushedout
        To find out exactly what your getting fill up and reset your trip. Then when you fill up again take the miles you drove and divide it by how many gallons you put in the car when you fill up. Straght highway you should be able to get closer to 400 or else you need a tune I would guess but every car is diffrent
        I have a 2000, my tank is 16.8 gallons, but I've ran it empty once, and it was closer to 16.3 or so. Anyway, the best way to figure our actual gas mileage is to do what crushedout said for three to four tanks of gas. My gas mileage ranges anywhere from 23-30 miles to the gallon, but I drive like an old woman too. =)

-Justin

Comment

yea i prolly get like 10. i stomp it ever chance I get...well not sence i put my 19" on but when I have my 16" i did.
          1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
          - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

ahhhh......Its so damn hard to not floor it!!!!

Every on ramp i just want to get up to speed as quick as possible, and drive fast.

13.5 MPG Average.. But I do drive up and down a HUUGE hill every day to get back and forth to my house.. But i prob put about 30 trips on my tank for that damn hill!!! I could prob get around 17 MPG ave. without that damn hill.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott90
              if its 16, and i get about 312 miles on a full tank
              Do you use the A/C a lot? I have been seeing decrease in my MPG. But I have been using my A/C 100% time driving. It's on max and fan speed 2-3. With a/c on continuously, I get around 300+. Not bad IMO.

:)
              09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
              sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kronic Budz
                ahhhh......Its so damn hard to not floor it!!!!

Every on ramp i just want to get up to speed as quick as possible, and drive fast.

13.5 MPG Average.. But I do drive up and down a HUUGE hill every day to get back and forth to my house.. But i prob put about 30 trips on my tank for that damn hill!!! I could prob get around 17 MPG ave. without that damn hill.
                Geeeeeez. I have NEVER seen my mileage that get close to that. The worst I've ever gotten was 18.2mpg. All back roads, to the autocross for a couple runs, and back roads back (wide open alot). I've got an auto with 3.42s. Best I've seen was 32 all highway (uphill mostly) from oustide of Charleston WV to Morgantown WV. About a 400' elevation change.
                ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

I average between 16 and 18mpg with my 3.4. It runs rich and nobody can seem to figure out why.

Comment

i run the same even with my a/c on, it makes no difference... i know technically it does, but on how many miles i get to a full tank, non wat so ever.

Comment

Originally posted by nascar24jd
                      I average between 16 and 18mpg with my 3.4. It runs rich and nobody can seem to figure out why.

im with you homie. :o

Comment

every 3.4 fbody i've ever messed with ran rich when it was cold,but running rich all the time is a problem

I average 26.X mpg, the best i've gotten so far is 28.7, the worst being 24.6,on a 3400 hybrid.
                        Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

www.shbox.com

shbox has pdf files of owners manuals...just go to your year and head to the capacities.

I get 22ish..my best 26.

Comment

mine SAYS i'm running lean but thats only cuz the O2's have a bad ground. i know i'm really running rich. I get like 18 city (i'm nice) and about 23 highway. I used to get 21/30 on summer gas. it was nice
                            2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

I get about 23-25
                              30th Anniversary Camaro<br />White with platinum pearl w/metallic midnite blue racing stripes.<br />SLP CAI, Flowmaster exhaust, Taylor wires, NGK\'s, Streetglow Undercar neon (blue)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1352101\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1352101</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X