size of gas tank and mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: size of gas tank and mpg

I just drove over 400 miles in the past 2 days--from NJ to Vermont and back.. All highway. I averaged 29.8 miles to the gallon. I was like holy **** considering I did ~90 MPH the whole way up and the whole way down. I still had about 2 gallons left over by the time I refilled back in Jersey =)

Comment

Originally posted by Scott90
      i run the same even with my a/c on, it makes no difference... i know technically it does, but on how many miles i get to a full tank, non wat so ever.
      I thought they proved with newer cars with a serpentine belt it doesn't change anything because its spinning anyways. I coulld be wrong but I thought I read/heard that somewhere.
      Originally posted by kala
      I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
      parting her out

Comment

whats running rich have to do with it. I have no cats so when you stop at a light you can smell unburned gas. any way I drive like a mad man and get about 24 miles to the gallon.

Comment

Originally posted by crushedout
          I thought they proved with newer cars with a serpentine belt it doesn't change anything because its spinning anyways. I coulld be wrong but I thought I read/heard that somewhere.
          The belt is always spinning, but the A/C compressor is not. It kicks in and out with a clutch. When the A/C isn't in use (or the compressor isn't needed) the clutch disengages and the compressor is no longer being driven. The pulley sorta just free spins. When it's needed, clutch locks back in, and the compressor starts turning again, which means load.
          ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

Originally posted by silvachris1
            The belt is always spinning, but the A/C compressor is not. It kicks in and out with a clutch. When the A/C isn't in use (or the compressor isn't needed) the clutch disengages and the compressor is no longer being driven. The pulley sorta just free spins. When it's needed, clutch locks back in, and the compressor starts turning again, which means load.
            That makes sense. Its probably more of the fact of windows down = drag and windows up = aerodynamic
            Originally posted by kala
            I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
            parting her out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X