Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha. My car is falling apart

This will be a long post.

98 Firebird 3.8 A4. 89500 miles Its my DD. Very lightly modded, magnaflow exhaust, addco rear sway bar, Hotchis STB. Sadly enough this is my first car so being the young lad that I am I haven't taken the best of care of it. Except for the constant oil changes. And the occasional flooring. An i like to blow my one tire fire every once an awhile.

A little back round. Bought it with 74,000 miles for $6,500. I took it right to a shop to have the tranny flushed, Oil changed over to mobil 1 synthetic, fuel filter replaced, new wipers, new lights, Ive had it for a over year and in that time I've managed to; Powerslide it right into a fence (yeah I'm a meathead) But did very little damage. A little to my left front quarter panel. Later I rearended someone going less then 5 miles an hour (staring at a hot girl in traffic) Once again being a meathead but no damage. Let my brother borrow my car, he rearended someone. Again no damage. As of right now both my headlights dont' pop up as both the motors are blown. (Passenger side motor Paid for an being delieved via a fellow member on this board) Right foglight is disconnected an doesn't work. Bought it that way. The front bumper has Spider cracks all over it. Oh well. I sprayed some clear coat over it for now.

About 8 Months ago I was going down the highway doing 75 when i let up on the accelerator an my u-joint poped, an i dropped my drivetrain or something an blew my rear axle. As i am so new to cars i was stupid enough to have it fixed at a shop for a whopping 1600 dollars. I'm over that though an have learned my lesson.

Now down to the point, I plan on keeping this car for 3 more years. All damage done will be fixed, so I'm not worried about that. What I'm worried about is when I take sharp left handed turns, at speeds of 10-15 MPH I hear a loud grinding/popping noise from the rear end of my car an i believe its from my rear sway bar. Anyone with a poor set up like mine ever have a similiar experience? (yes i know, you shouldn't have upgraded sway bars without upgrading your suspension First, I learned that after i got it put on. Trust me I'm all over that in 2 months) I'm just wondering if my guess is accurate, or if its my installed rear axle grinding an i should have the gear oil changed out immediatly?

/end
    Last edited by Finkledbody; 08-15-2007, 01:50 AM.

Re: Haha. My car is falling apart

God remind me to never get in the car with you, or let you drive my car. Changing the gear oil couldn't hurt, right?
    Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

Re: Haha. My car is falling apart

i have similar noises going on with my 98 but it as posi and it tends to squeal and whine badly too but i suggest in changing the diff fluid also ive done mine and do mine every oil change since i have a pinion seal leak :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X