what should i do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should i do?

well i know the past few months ive been wanting to get rid of my 98 camaro but ive decided to hold on to her for a lil longer and since the rearend is about to go and i have to put money into it and since i was beat by a stock 305tpi thirdgen ive decided to mod some. when i get the rear done im debating on going from 3.42's to 3.73 new shocks struts all the way around and all new bushings in the suspension to see if it helps my god awful wheel hop any. the other actuacl performance mods im contemplating are ceramic coated pacesetter headers + y since i DD it and id like to keep the stock exhaust atleast for now and use my cutout i have and get the electric unit for it but i am unsure of where to put it because i had it on b4 right b4 the rear axle and it would scrape badly i mainly dont want it loud and i dont want it to sound like it has much/anything done to it. then i plan on a lid and filter i have a 98 so it has the funky tb so if anyone has any ideas or options on other routes i could go for an intke so i dont have to spend $$$$ on one that would be great and least but not least im debating on spraying ive just never messed with n20 b4. i know theses questions have been asked some b4 but im basicl just wanting to get some opinions and how to make my dd a lil quicker for $ per hp since i plan on paying the car off in half the time i am suppost to and i also have two thirdgen projects so any sugestions and ideas are welcome thanks:o

Re: what should i do?

oh sorry the car is a 98 y87 camaro 3.8 a4 with 89k on the clock bone stock for now

Comment

well if it's your dd and a a4 then you don't want to go higher than 3.42 gears. you will kill yourself in gas with ne thing higher. if you want to work on your wheel hops you deff have to get lower control arms. shocks and sturts will make the car stiffer. but non of that will give you hp. i don't know much about cut outs but i do believe alot of people put them before the cat. nitrous is cheap if you just getting a kit, but at the same time there is alot of stuff that you should get with it to do it safe. like a window switch, bottle heater etc. so it still ends up being money.... the first place to always start with modding is with intakes and exhaust systems. so if that is something you don't want to do your going to just hurt yourself.
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

oh yes i do agree that moding starts at intakes and exhaust systems since thats were ive always started with everything ive done its just comon sence i just dont personaly care for the sound of an exhaust on the v6 cars much. now if i could get somthing that is about as loud as stock and sounds stock that whould be what i want i know that the dynomax kits for thridgens are known to flow well and sound about stock and thats what im putting on my cammed and stalled 355 82 t/a and on my 86 i run really loud true duals with race mufflers...gas mileage isnt too much of a consern since all i do is back and forth in the camaro and ocasional interstate im getting between 16 and 19 now best ever was one time on a trip of 28 so basicly if the mileage stays roughly the same that would be ok. if i do spay yo better bet i will do every saftey precaution there is i dont wanna risk it if i dont have to. i doubt id want anything over a 75shot thats all ill really need for nor or untill the more power bug hits me and that ive heard that on these cars if u decide to go 100 or more u need new fuel pump and posibly injectors. oh again im new to the computers in cars and fuel injection thats part of my reason for all the questions.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X