Slightly bent rim.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly bent rim.

Well if it's not one thing it's another. I just found a great mechanic through a friend and got my catalytic converter replaced (for only $150 including labor!!) and no longer have my SES light on! Of course on the way home I hit a pot hole because Houston roads are pretty much like railroad tracks and get home to find a bubbled sidewall and a very slight dent on my left rear wheel. The dent is only noticeable if you stand away from the car and really look for it, the bubble on the side wall would probably be the only way I would have noticed this. I don't feel any vibration driving nor hear any sounds that are out of place. The rear tires will obviously have to go before it blows out on me on the highway, but do you guys think it's worth fixing the rim if it's not bouncing around or leaking air?

The wheels are the previous generation vette Z06 chrome rims (255/40 R17), does anyone know if these can be repaired? I found a shop by my work I'm going to go to that apparently does this, but I have not had a chance to contact them yet. What kind of pricing have people seen for this kind of job? I heard from a friend he paid like $250 for his, but for that much I could get a non-bent rim 0.o.
    sigpic

Re: Slightly bent rim.

Ive heard of places that repair broken or bent rims, im not sure where but they do, do it.

I have a nice set of wheels off my last car and two of them are cracked, i had them priced at $55 dollars per wheel to repair.
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

where in houston do you live

Comment

I'll try to take a picture of the damage tomorrow when it's light out so you guys can see what I'm talking about.

@StrtRacer98

That wouldn't be bad if it was somewhat reasonably priced. I figure if it's over $150 its not worth it, I could get a used one for that much or a new one for slightly more.

@02camaro3800

I live around the westchase area off westheimer.

****** EDIT ******

Well this problem may be resolved before it really started. I went to the local tire shop and got 2 dunlops to replace the rear tires which fixed the bubble problem and the rim is only slightly cosmetically damaged as only the lip is slightly bent (almost like someone sanded an edge into it), hence the lack of vibrating, etc.. I think it looked worse than it was due to the bubble because it took me about 15 minutes to find the spot again once I got new rubber and it looked fine spinning. I guess time will tell as I can't really test the car safely due to the storm we are going through right now.
        Last edited by OneEightSeven; 08-16-2007, 10:15 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X