ticking sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ticking sound?

i just installed pacesetter headers and a magnaflow cat back. and now when im in the throttle i hear a ticking sound...kinda sounds like it goes with the rpms on the engine. i've got 2 codes comin up....p0441 and p1655...i think one is just a emissions code...the o441...not too worried about it...1655 something about EVAP solenoid control circuit? i got no clue what thats all about....wondering if that could be the ticking im hearin...oh yeah...cleared the codes once, they came back, never got rid of the ticking...also i dont hear the ticking when i just rev the engine in neutral or park...but i hear it when im driving down the road...any ideas?

Re: ticking sound?

check manifold.

Comment

check your egr connection on the header and also tighten down all your header bolts. Sounds like an exhaust leak
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

exhaust leak. start at the egr then work your way around the headers
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
          exhaust leak. start at the egr then work your way around the headers
          yep, sounds like a header gasket to me too. I just finished getting rid of a tick just like that.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

I just had that same problem after just installing my headers.

Comment

I just had my pacesetter headers and magnaflow cat-back system put on... Also when Im driving I can hear a ticking noise coming from the engine or under my car...I think it might be an exhaust leak? How do I check for a leak and how would I fix it without taking it to a shop and spending lots of money!?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X