overheat prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overheat prob

Hey well got my car back fromt he shop after a complete rebuild. Here's all the probs so far in 56 miles i've driven it today. it seems to overheat. I checked the fan it works initally when i start the car but after ten secs so it goes to normal and shuts off here's the prob when my car reaches say 210 or so it doesn;t kick on in fact it won;t turn on untill the car reaches almost 240 wtf. The thermostat is obviously fine but I think it's the engine coolant temp sensor but i get no codes and haynes manual says i should. Also where the hell is it if it is it (wow say that fast three times) Anyways here's the other prob's cats clogged making rattling noises (obviously not there fault) And the damn virbations still there I say the rebuild shop is [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] Also should a car be sluggish if it has a new engine till it gets broken in
    My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

Hey i think i found something on the drivers side under the valve cover therre's a snesor looking thing it has a green wire what is this it's broke on mine whatever it is
    My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

Comment

Anyone please why is my car not turnign on the fan

Comment

how do you know your thermostat is fine?did you put a new one? if not change your thermostat first and see how it goes

Comment

The sensor in front of the drivers valve cover is the sending unit for your temp guage. Your temp guage uses a different sending unit than the computer. Are you sure your car is overheating and your guage is not broke. If the sending unit for the guage is broke it will send a false temp to your guage. Like i said eariler this is all independent from your computer. The computer uses a totally diffrent sending unit. I bet that is whats making you THINK your car is overheating.

Comment

I was having bad overheating probs after having the cooling system flushed at a local shop. Turns out they filled it with some cheap antifreez and NOT Dexcool. :mad:
            1997 Camaro,<br />SLP cold-air, Hooker Supercompetition catback, Air temp. module, Powerstat thermo, 1LE Aluminum drive shaft, 3.42 POSI rear, 1LE sway bars front & rear, Powerstop crossdrilled rotors on all corners, Torque Thrust II\'s (17x9.5 front & 17x11 rear), and a couple other goodies. <a href=\"http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=84487\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=84487</a>

Comment

Acually Dexcool is not what it was originally thought to be. There has been a bunch of cases of cars having the heater core clog because of dexcool. These are cars with less than 5000 miles. IMO the green stuff is as good or better than dexcool. just fyi

Comment

What motor do you have in the Camaro? This would help to know. I will assume that its the original and your using the original wiring harness with all the trimmings. You could have up to 4 different temp sensors.
                -one for the coolant fan
                -one for the computer
                -one for the temp gauge (if you have one)
                -one for the telltale (idiot light)
                You would need to go to alldata (or any alternate) and figure out what is what and where it is.
                Jim

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X