Confusing Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusing Problem

Ok here's the story. A few months ago, November I believe, I was having problems with my car not overheating exactly but it would get really warm to like the 235 mark and then go down to 210 and then back up and back and forth so I replaced the thermostat and that didnt fix it so I took it to my shop and they told me I had gotten oil in the coolant somehow and it had done a lot of damage so we had to replace the reservoir and hoses. So now I just got done washing my car and I can not exactly remember how my coolant usually looks but it seemed kind of dark and when I backed the car out of the garage there was a nice fresh spot under it, Im guessing oil, thats what it looks like anyways. The car is not overheating it usually stays right around 185 - 190 unless I get on it hard and then it goes up a little. So does our coolant just usually look kind of dark or is it something I should start worrying about. Sorry about it being so long.

Alex
    1996 Camaro RS A4<br />Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler with 2.5\" catback and cutout, SLP CAI, BMR STB

Sounds to me Like an Intake or Headgasket Problem. Coolant should be a bright color and mostly Clear. Id take it to a Shop and have them check it out for BOTH of those. Especially if you have a puddle of oil/coolant on the floor under youre car.
    2001 Black S10 Xtreme 4.3L A4<br />*RedLineVSix*<br />\"Throwin sparks, draggin frame\"

Comment

Ok because mine is definatley not clear so I guess I will have to take it in soon. Do you think that it could also cause the oil pressure to go down because when I brake the gauge says it goes down to the 1/4 mark and then when I accelerate it goes back up. Thanks. Oh also one more thing I know the gasket itself only costs like $20 how much am I looking at for labor or is it possible to do myself.

Alex
      1996 Camaro RS A4<br />Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler with 2.5\" catback and cutout, SLP CAI, BMR STB

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X