new Fan mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Fan mod

Hey this guy from an ac shop said grounding a specific realy termnal was a great mod for it kept the fan on any time the car started wil thi sactually hurt the car. if the fan remained on continusely i think it would be a good idea for it makes it run cooler and most cars now do this anyways.
    My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

WASTE of power. When you're crusin' on the highway, and there's airflow over the radiator, you DON'T need the fan. When you're idlin in traffic, the staging lanes or at the AutoX line, you need the low speed fans. Some sort of heat emergency you might need the highs. But no need at all to have them on all the time, it will slow you down and wear out the fan.
    -Rob
    [edit] -- you don't NEED the fans until 230ish, but your engine will run much better if you put on your fans earlier. I have a 160 stat, and turn the fans on when it climbs above 185ish..

[ May 09, 2002: Message edited by: Wicked 3800 V6 ]</p>
    <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Wicked 3800 V6:
      When you're idlin in traffic, the staging lanes or at the AutoX line, you need the low speed fans. Some sort of heat emergency you might need the highs. But no need at all to have them on all the time, it will slow you down and wear out the fan.<hr></blockquote>

just an FYI, a 3.4L comes with only 1 fan.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X