Water Temp Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Temp Gauge

Well latley i have noticed the my water temp guauge has been running straight up to the 210 mark and not moving at all. I was kind of getting worried so i drained the raditor and had it professionally flushed and pul all new coolant with a new thermostat. Tried it again still ran the same so yesterday my dad brought hom his temperture gun to check the heat and when the guauge was reading 210 the gun was reading 173 so its way off. So i figured im going to need a new gauge but im not sure what to do. Go with the orignal stock gauge. Or try an aftermarket one and just put it in a guage pod. onll prob is that im not sure how to wire one up my dads an eletrcian and works on old hot rods but hes not good with the computer cars. so if anyone has a write upor ideas please let me know thanks
    1999 Firebird 3.8 Chamelon<br /><br />MagnaFlow Catback<br /><br />Devon

how long does it take to get to 210?

let the engine cool over night one night and when you start it up in the morning see how long it takes

it should take like 5 or 10 minutes to get to 210

it might just be a bad sensor, original guages usually don't go bad
    K&N air filter, Whisper air lid, magnaflow LT1 cat back, and magnaflow high flow cat, pacesetter headers, silverstars<br /><br />more to come soon<br />but for now im out of money

Comment

it gets up to 210 within 2-3 mins and it want move after that. I replaced the temp sensor and check th wires that run to it everything looks as far as that.

Comment

isnt 210 degrees right in the middle where it should be?? it also depends on how hot it is by you. obviously your engine is going to run hotter if it is.

Comment

How hot is it in Texas where you are?

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
          1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
          1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Comment

yes its going to be hotter in the engine but i mean the antifreeze is so cold i can hold my finger in it. But yet the gauge says its 210, Oh i live in dallas Tx and its lik 79 around here. No reason why the car should run 210

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X