Got some answers on what i thought was a CPU problem... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got some answers on what i thought was a CPU problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some answers on what i thought was a CPU problem...

I had posted about a burning smell coming from around my computer and wiring area. My girlfriends uncle is very knowledgeable about cars and works with computers and wiring. He said its definately not a wiring problem and the smell is more of burning grass or dust. He checked all the wires and took apart the CPU to check it and said it was all fine. I have a good bit of dust around the cpu and he said that could be it and told me to clean it real well. Its definately hot down there but after the car runs for 30 minutes or so the smell stops. The wires are getting hot but its not from the wires themselves its something under them in that area. Anyone have any ideas?
    1996 Camaro -- SLP CAI, Motorvator TB spacer, MSD 8.5 mm wires, 180 thermostat, Pacesetter headers, Catco 3 in cat, TSP Rumbler, custom painted interior, 18x9.5 Z06 replica wheels, Nexen N3000 265/35r18 tires, - Best 1/4 mile 15.3@89mph

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X